The Math.

If y'all liked math I'd show you a fun infinite series. Well, I'll show it to you anyway!

If S = 1-1+1-1+1-1...… forever, what is the result?

In other words if you take one and subtract one from it to get 0, and then add one and then subtract one again, and go on to infinity, what is the result?

One could say it depends on whether you end with a 1 or a 0 (having just subtracted 1).

One could say you can never get to infinity so there is no answer (and there are significant arguments over this point).

But, one can show, using legitimate algebraic manipulation, that the result is 1/2. :confused:

If anyone wants to see the algebra, let me know.

Schroedingers math! ;)

This path should probably be nipped in the bud...

Yeah nothing to see here Shawn, move along!

If we stand abreast, he may not see anything.

Wife Math is a tricky craft.

I recently sold five Music Man guitars and bought four PRS. My wife knows that PRS are more expensive, which is why I sold more than I bought. She’s not aware of the secret variable of how much cash I also had to chip in.

All that matters is: five out to get four in.

Her only comments were that she hopes I’m not selling anything I’ll later regret, and that I have too many purple PRS now. That was unintentional. The black cherry looked very dark in the pictures, but in person it’s more of a raspberry.

Wife Math is a tricky craft.

I recently sold five Music Man guitars and bought four PRS. My wife knows that PRS are more expensive, which is why I sold more than I bought. She’s not aware of the secret variable of how much cash I also had to chip in.

All that matters is: five out to get four in.

Her only comments were that she hopes I’m not selling anything I’ll later regret, and that I have too many purple PRS now. That was unintentional. The black cherry looked very dark in the pictures, but in person it’s more of a raspberry.

You can never have too many purple guitars!

Back