The lightest PRS guitar in the brand

Thanks good to know !

Now im quite unsure between the MIRA X and the S2 MIRA........................ What do you guys think ? (lookin for a thin neck)

Also what i liked in the guitar in the link posted above is the white pickguard...... but i guess in any PRS guitar i could change the pickguard colour right ?

:)

And colour wise, this is my favourite ...............powder blue S1 i believe......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSw6h9HIis8

Can anyone with more experience share some more insights and opinions about the comparison between thse 4 models, soundwise and quality wise :

Mira S1 powder blue

Mira X (and can i get this one with phase II locking tuners? )

Mira S2

Mira 245 25th Anniversary

Opionions are welcomed

Last edited:
Thats a really nice guitar..... how much does it weight ?

What kinda neck do ya have in yours? and do you know if you can change the colour of the pickguards ?

Last edited:
About 6pounds yes you can change pick guard through Prs store it has a pattern regular neck

If you're looking for light it doesn't get lighter than a Hollowbody. But they do sound different, so it depends if you like it or not.

That is not as right as supposed.
A hollowbody or semi-hollow isn´t lighter than a solidbody guitar.

My PRS (solidbody) has got a weight of 8.23 lbs (approx 3,73 kg), my hollowbody (a thinline) in comparison has a weight of 9.15 lbs (approx 4,15 kg).

Construction and wood density have a big influence.

My Parker Fly Deluxe weights around 5.51 lbs (approx 2,5 kg). This is light due to the materials.

I also got a guitar made of swamp ash. 10.14 lbs (approx 4,6 kg) says the scale...

In my circle of friends is a guitar luthier, his workshop is in the same buildung where my guitar tech has his shop.
A few month ago I visited him. He showed one of his new crafted guitars. Made of swamp ash. The gross weight of the
guitar: The same numbers likewise my Fly. Amazing. He selected the wood for the lightest swamp ash available...

How the weight impacts the tone is anothers philosophy.

Great insights gentleman. Im getting way closer to the guitar i want to buy. My favourite until now is the first version of the PRS MIRA (s1 i believe)..... a bit difficult to find them here in the UK (at least in shops, not even a s2)......

Ive found this website who does custom PRS MIRA, i would like to get some opinions from guys here, do you think its safe ? (link below)

http://thetopguitars.com/white-prs-...JH8M6SnU7VjINWfsMq0ExvR17GBlMZrVGQxoC6dbw_wcB

Opionions are welcomed

Tks

That is not as right as supposed.
A hollowbody or semi-hollow isn´t lighter than a solidbody guitar.

My PRS (solidbody) has got a weight of 8.23 lbs (approx 3,73 kg), my hollowbody (a thinline) in comparison has a weight of 9.15 lbs (approx 4,15 kg).

Construction and wood density have a big influence.

My Parker Fly Deluxe weights around 5.51 lbs (approx 2,5 kg). This is light due to the materials.

I also got a guitar made of swamp ash. 10.14 lbs (approx 4,6 kg) says the scale...

In my circle of friends is a guitar luthier, his workshop is in the same buildung where my guitar tech has his shop.
A few month ago I visited him. He showed one of his new crafted guitars. Made of swamp ash. The gross weight of the
guitar: The same numbers likewise my Fly. Amazing. He selected the wood for the lightest swamp ash available...

How the weight impacts the tone is anothers philosophy.

I understand guitars can all vary, but in terms of PRS guitars it is mostly the case. Considering they tend to use the same woods on all their core production Hollowbody models, the weight variance usually isn't much. If you check the weight the of Hollowbody models from stores that weigh them, they are usually always in the 5-6 lb. range. Every single one I've encountered in person was lighter than it's solid body counter part (obviously not a big reference size, but I've held a fair plenty). Now you say your Hollowbody is in the 9.15 lbs. Is it a PRS Hollowbody? If it's a different brand then I can't comment, but we're talking about PRS here. If it is, then dang, that's pretty hefty.

Now the Parker fly is a another story. It is an inherently smaller feeling guitar (not sure on actual dimensions) and on some of them so much wood is taken out where the giant control cavity is, it's almost like a hollowbody in itself. Also again, different brand here. I understand what you're trying to say though.

Last edited:
You are right. Talking about PRS you have models which either are solidbody or semi-hollow or hollowbody. A semi-hollow or hollowbody will be lighter because of less material.

But I wanted to state that the wood density is a core variable, too, highlighting the swamp ash guitars.

If you're concerned about weight, always ask the store for the weight of the guitar you want to look at. Most of them know it and some even list it.

Great info again gents........i played a single cut and its a great guitar, nice sounding, feels like a les paul.... so my final quest :

My doubt for now, is between these 3:

The Mira

the Mira S2

and the MIRA Hollow body........

I read some people sayin the first version of the mira is better sounding than the S2 and Cause i dont have how to try these models where i live here in the UK, weightwise and soundwise, i dont know which one can be the nicest, im looking for light guitar to play in my room, around 5.5 to 6lbs, but also it has to be great sounding. im into acoustic stuff, country and blues but i also like rock.

Opinions are super welcomed !

an extra question........ does anybody know the which specific mira model is this one below ?

spotify premium gratuit

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/free-shipping-PRS-Paul-Reed-Smith-Mira-Electric-Guitar-Rock-ON/300042_304107069.html

opinions are welcomed

That is definitely a fake guitar seller, id be very careful from ordering at aliexpress. I would rather order from ebay or something before the, just be cautious :)

Have a good day!

Great insights gentleman. Im getting way closer to the guitar i want to buy. My favourite until now is the first version of the PRS MIRA (s1 i believe)..... a bit difficult to find them here in the UK (at least in shops, not even a s2)......

Ive found this website who does custom PRS MIRA, i would like to get some opinions from guys here, do you think its safe ? (link below)

http://thetopguitars.com/white-prs-...JH8M6SnU7VjINWfsMq0ExvR17GBlMZrVGQxoC6dbw_wcB

Opionions are welcomed

Tks

********-gif.jpg

Your best bet is Brian Keenan Guitar Centre in Belfast. He's the main PRS dealer in NI so maybe he can hook you up.

DO NOT BUY from those two sites you listed. You'll get fake junk!!!

If Brian can't help you'll have to go for broke and order one off the net. Call a dealer and tell them you specifically want a light guitar and maybe they can help.

My bad, im new to the PRS world.

So toughts on comparing the 3 versons of the Mira, anybody ?

Shall i go for the first Mira or the new Mira s2 ?????

Come on guys, Opinions are welcomed

Last edited:
Back