The lightest PRS guitar in the brand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TiagoFIgueiredo, Mar 27, 2015.

1. TiagoFIgueiredo

TiagoFIgueiredo New Member

Good afternoon to all and thanks for reading my first topic. I hope i am in the right place, if not i apologize.

My name is Tiago, im 32years old, and i am a new member and also a recent fonder of PRS.

Im looking to get a new guitar, and i would like to get some opinions from the more experienced people here in the forum, to which of the PRS guitars is the lightest ever produced.

Somebody recommended me a guitar around 5lbs, which is the PRS mira X, but i have seen that many new models were released.... (im also looking if possible something with nice metal tuning pegs, like the jackson KingV)

Can anybody share their opinions or comments ?

Thanks !

:)

2. jcha008

jcha008 New Member

If you're looking for light it doesn't get lighter than a Hollowbody. But they do sound different, so it depends if you like it or not.

#2 jcha008, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  3. Bluesboy998

Bluesboy998 New Member

Mira semi hollow

4. jcha008

jcha008 New Member

Oh yea, this will be super light!

5. NomadMike

NomadMike New Member

Actually the S2 Mira solid and semi-hollows are about the same weight, seems often within 2 to 5 ounces of each other.

6. Mikegarveyblues

Mikegarveyblues Cream Crackered

PRS Air Guitar.

Here's a pic:

5lbs? That is light!

As nomadmike points out, it's hard to pin down exactly as natural variation can add or take away a pound or two.

7. Mikegarveyblues

PRS Vela in the dealer section. 6lbs.

8. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

I was going to say one of the white ones. The black ones are pretty dark. And I've never seen them as cheap as 5 pounds, but I haven't dug that deep.

I don't know why everyone else is talking about the weight... ;)

9. mezzio

mezzio The Force is weak in ^^

Custom 24 Floyd!!!

J/k :D

I finally got to pick one up a couple weeks ago, it was like an acoustic compared to the 408 next to it, I almost felt like I was gonna break it if I played it too hard, lol.

10. Pinch

Pinch New Member

LOL, You just made my day!!

11. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

My hollow body is about 5 lbs. It is a very light and very versatile guitar - particularly with piezo.

12. CVS

CVS Not so new member

I have a Hollowbody 1 (no piezo) - the lightest weight guitar I have ever owned (but a tone monster & very versatile)

13. TiagoFIgueiredo

Hey guys, first of all thanks for so many nice opionions and feedback, truly appreciated. The PRS is becoming my favourite guitar even tough i havent touched one yet.....

Could someone kindly post a link to this PRS air guitar ? (i could not see the picture)

So, in conclusion, and i truly believe the hollow body must be a superb guitar, my idea is to get a guitar than is light and not too big, so she can travel with me, so for now im going for the electric guitar. But i wanna share 2 questions if someone can give their opinions on it.

1st - Is there a good dealer in the UK ? (or someone here from the uk that can recomend me a place where maybe i can see and try some prs guitars? )

2nd - Luckily for guitar players, there are so many models and colours, that im so confused, so im tryin to guide myself for the weigh for now (even tought i now it might influence the sound), and i know for some its only the design thats different, but here's what i got until now :

PRS Mira X
    PRS Mira S2
    PRS Starla
    PRS Custom 24 Floyd
    PRS S2 Singlecut
    PRS Air
    PRS Vela
    PRS Korina Mira
    PRS 245 SE Soapbar
    PRS CE22 or 24
    PRS Bernie Marsden signature SE

and then there is also these signature model ones..... this below and the carlos santana one..dave navarro, bersnie marsden and so on, so im quite indecise..........

http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-bo...71/prs-se-bernie-marsden-signature-guitar.asp

Also i have also read some people believe the S2 new models dont sound as good as the previous ones.......... But for what i have seen, i am the type of person who will own more than one guitar if he really likes them

What do you guys think ?

Opionions are very welcomed ! tks

#13 TiagoFIgueiredo, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  14. markintime

markintime Wood Grain Devotee

So you're 32? Therefore young and strong, so weight is no problem. Any PRSi should fit the bill nicely. You have already found Anderton's, and they will be most happy to guide you on your quest. As far as sound, only you can tell what sounds good to you, and that is by visiting a store such as Anderton's and playing them until you find one you like.

I have never seen an air guitar, either. ;) I don't think PRS makes one of those... .

15. Whitecat

Whitecat Goes home to Starla

I used to own a KL1812 that was 5.5lbs. It was slightly lighter than my old HBII, astonishingly.

16. Mikegarveyblues

Hi Tiago.... No Air Guitar. Just a little joke.

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

I'm about 10 miles East of Liverpool and my main port of call for some serious PRS shopping is SoundAffectsMusic in Ormskirk (North of Liverpool heading towards Southport). There's also Dawsons Music and PMT Music in Manchester but with a more limited supply.

Plenty others I could name but let me know where you are based.

17. prsrocker1988

prsrocker1988 New Member

My S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow is nice and light.

18. TiagoFIgueiredo

Thanks again by the nice feedback guys. So yesterday i tried a PRS S2 Singlecut inshop, very nice feel guitars. And i got some ideas now of what i want.

by the way, Mikegarveyblues, im in Northern Ireland, how about yourself ?

Im looking definitely for a regular pattern neck, or even better a wide thin neck, so i was recommended me a PRS SE custom 24

Im also highly considering the mira, which i believe its the lightest of them all, anyone knows if they have wide thin necks ?
    (the only thing about the miras is they come with this white or black pickguards i dont fancy, id rather have a guitar all in the same colour......)

So thats about it..... (there is also the korina model i cant seem to find out the weight...does anyone know?) ...remember im a learning amateur and this will be to couple my acoustic guitar

Opinions are welcomed.
    Good easter all, happy weekend yall

#18 TiagoFIgueiredo, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  19. TiagoFIgueiredo

20. ChrisCst22

ChrisCst22 New Member

The pictures are of a Core Mira, which has been discontinued and reborn as an S2 model only.

The website however, is a chinese seller that sells fake guitars. If you actually bought one through that site, it would be absolutely nothing like the pictures. It wouldn't be a PRS!