The KHE Amp/Cab Switcher Redux

László

Too Many Notes
One of the folks here turned me onto this thing, and I've been using it for a couple of years. It's amazing. One of the absolute finest pieces of guitar gear I have ever owned.

This switcher uses soft-touch, silent electronic toggle switches. It will switch between 8 heads and 4 cabs (or load boxes), it has a loop for an attenuator, and it does NOT suck tone, make noise, or do anything you don't want! No clicks, pops, hum noise, or the like. It's PERFECT. I've now used it with a lot of gear, and it's been 100% great.

It has an excellent buffer for long signal cable runs to the amps, and it has MIDI and both front and back panel inputs. The front panel input overrides the back so if you have someone come in for a session, you just plug them in, boom. Done.

You'd be surprised how different cabs can work well with a variety of amps, and give you lots of alternative sounds you otherwise couldn't get without a lot of messing around.

For me messing around in the middle of a session kills the creative idea flow. Flipping a switch? No problem.

Unlike most other makes of this kind of thing, there's also a provision for expanders. Have more than 4 cabs or 8 heads? No worries, Want to switch your effects loops from amp to amp? Can do with some switchers and expanders if you already have one of their switchers. They have additional modules and they all interface together manually or with MIDI.

I love this thing!

Here's a link, but remember, I am not telling anyone to run out and buy one. I'm just enthusiastic about the product.

Last edited:
That's a nice unit, too!

Any of these that don't suck tone are great. I hear good things about the Kahayan as well.

Because I sold the Mesa cab I was using with the Fillmore, I've been running it through the DG30 and Lone Star cabs using the switcher. It sounds good with the closed back PRS Big Mouth/Deep cab, but I kinda prefer open back with it.

It's a really useful tool.

Being something of a tool myself, I can relate to other tools! ;)

Yeah, I don't mind poking fun at myself.

One of the folks here turned me onto this thing, and I've been using it for a couple of years. It's amazing. One of the absolute finest pieces of guitar gear I have ever owned.

This switcher uses soft-touch, silent electronic toggle switches. It will switch between 8 heads and 4 cabs (or load boxes), it has a loop for an attenuator, and it does NOT suck tone, make noise, or do anything you don't want! No clicks, pops, hum noise, or the like. It's PERFECT. I've now used it with a lot of gear, and it's been 100% great.

It has an excellent buffer for long signal cable runs to the amps, and it has MIDI and both front and back panel inputs. The front panel input overrides the back so if you have someone come in for a session, you just plug them in, boom. Done.

You'd be surprised how different cabs can work well with a variety of amps, and give you lots of alternative sounds you otherwise couldn't get without a lot of messing around.

For me messing around in the middle of a session kills the creative idea flow. Flipping a switch? No problem.

Unlike most other makes of this kind of thing, there's also a provision for expanders. Have more than 4 cabs or 8 heads? No worries, Want to switch your effects loops from amp to amp? Can do with some switchers and expanders if you already have one of their switchers. They have additional modules and they all interface together manually or with MIDI.

I love this thing!

Here's a link, but remember, I am not telling anyone to run out and buy one. I'm just enthusiastic about the product.

Can you play multiple amps through one cab (and blend with the amp volumes)?

Can you play multiple amps through one cab (and blend with the amp volumes)?
No. The amps have to be electrically isolated, with an impedance load that the switcher provides to the amps that aren’t switched “on”.

When the amp is selected, the rest of the amps get the proper load. This is for electrical safety reasons, and it keeps the amps from blowing their transformers.

Back