The Keepers Mannin'-Up, Throwin' Down, Thread.

I struggle with pics, particularly as I'm on my phone, but count me in for my 594 and my PS MC single cut. Oh and I have a Les Paul CS8 ( yeah, the controversial ones), which is a keeper too. If I had to grab only one from the burning building, the 594 would be it.

Holy crap Jamie.....16 years ago we were sitting in Paul's office and you pulled that off!! Remember it like it was yesterday.

Jim

PS #234... 16 years old this December...

324519402.jpg

BRW McCarty #14/250... 17 years old this November...

324517213.jpg

Tonare Grand "Mahogany Concept Guitar"... 6 years old this October...

395692613.jpg

Korina McSoapie Limited BRW run. BRW fretboard, old birds...

339573308.jpg

There are a few other "non-PRSi", but I'll leave them for another thread...

Guys, these guitars are amazing!!

Wait, who am I kidding, I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

Hahaha!

Oh, you have keepers...the next guy keeps them! ;)

But what if you picked one of this first year run, and just...you know...hung onto it? A piece of history? For sh%ts and grins?

After all you've done for PRS, I think you deserve a guitar of your own to keep. :)

Last edited:
It'll be fun to come back to this thread once a year to see who has reneged. :oops:

Never say never since nobody knows what's around the bend, but I've always called my HBII my "cold, dead hands" guitar.
It will be interesting to revisit the thread. A hollow body is a very handy guitar to have around. I expect to keep one for as long as my fingers keep working. In the spirit of the thread, I'll call Blondie a lifetime keeper. She was built on a dare and held hostage for a few months. After a start like that, I feel obliged to look after her.
CK_159BurlHollowbodyBodyAAA.JPG

It will be interesting to revisit the thread. A hollow body is a very handy guitar to have around. I expect to keep one for as long as my fingers keep working. In the spirit of the thread, I'll call Blondie a lifetime keeper. She was built on a dare and held hostage for a few months. After a start like that, I feel obliged to look after her.

Very hot!! That top reminds me of my face in my teen years!

Holy crap Jamie.....16 years ago we were sitting in Paul's office and you pulled that off!! Remember it like it was yesterday.

Jim

Yup, It was August. We went to the factory for a tour and lunch at Big Bats. We met him in the hallway, I showed him my "Limited Edition", and he asked, "Do you want to sell it?" I replied, "Do you want to trade it?" We headed to his office for some "horse tradin'!" ;)

IIRC, you left w/an arm full of pickup sets! Paul was geeking out like crazy, talking pickups with you!

I've held on to Pinky for a while now and have been quite determined to keep her around! :D

She's a Custom 24 Artist Package, gorgeous Bonnie Pink Flamed Maple top, natural Ribbon Mahogany back, killer Flamed Maple neck and a jet black Ebony fretboard paired up with the 5-way blade and a set of brushed nickel cover 57/08's! :cool:

PRS_CU24_AP_Bonnie_Pink_12_zpsb38f0a86.jpg

PRS_CU24_AP_Bonnie_Pink_34_zps45114c4f.jpg

PRS_CU24_AP_Bonnie_Pink_17_zpsbd007e4f.jpg

PRS_CU24_AP_Bonnie_Pink_18_zps2a5e9f89.jpg

PRS_CU24_AP_Bonnie_Pink_11_zpsc8bec335.jpg

Killer guitar! Does everything well, might explain why Pinky has lasted so long! :D Considering the rate I used to run through guitars, that's no simple feat! :rolleyes:

I reckon a 5 1/2 pound electric will come in very handy when I'm old and feeble. Great reason to make it a keeper.

For now, it's a winner for long gigs. It also helps that it sounds fantastic.

I'm loving the stories, guys, even if they're short and sweet, please include the story if there's a story...

NICE!! What kind of bird inlays are those? Some of the coolest I've seen!

Kevin

Got about 10 guitars and a few amps to add to this...but I'll start where it all began for me...my first PRS 2001 McCarty PS #222, "Tigress":

Back