The Jam Band thread

From the Last Show of Dead &Co .. played in my Hometown ( San Francisco) on my 68th Birthday .. as a lifelong deadhead .. it doesn't get any better

Goose just dropped another "Ted Tapes" with their new drummer. Cool stuff, but man I wish Rick would go back to his PRS/old tone. His tone sounds like he's playing through a broken fuzz or something, its kind of abrasive

Goose just dropped another "Ted Tapes" with their new drummer. Cool stuff, but man I wish Rick would go back to his PRS/old tone. His tone sounds like he's playing through a broken fuzz or something, its kind of abrasive

Been listening this morning, good stuff, new drummer has groove. Totally agree on Rick's sound though. I thought he finally hit a really good space with it during the TABOOSE run and then along comes the new guitar and it got thinner and like you say, a little abrasive. It isn't terrible or anything, just prefer the tone he was getting late 2022.

Been listening this morning, good stuff, new drummer has groove. Totally agree on Rick's sound though. I thought he finally hit a really good space with it during the TABOOSE run and then along comes the new guitar and it got thinner and like you say, a little abrasive. It isn't terrible or anything, just prefer the tone he was getting late 2022.

While I'm obviously partial to PRS, you'd think going from that and a mesa express to a custom shop guitar and a Mark VII/JP2C setup would elevate the tone. I don't really get it

I was listening to one of the Europe shows on nugs a bit back and was thinking to myself "huh sounds like he finally got the tone dialed in with the new guitar" but then it turned out in that set he switched back to the PRS because the deluis was having wiring issues lol

But I digress, I went from big goose fan to jaded hater over the last 5 years. Still think they did Ben dirty but Cotter does sound great and I enjoy full improv

Back