The Ireland B&B Shower blog

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
Questions you have always had are answered here....

It's the Ireland Shower blog!

8/11/13
Hyatt, Dulles Airport, VA, USA
14th floor room with surprisingly good water pressure. Good flow with unlimited hot water.

Shower head adjustable from fine drizzle to narrowly confined, large drop deluge. Maximum width of spray only 4-5 inches at the top of your head widening to almost 12 inches at your feet. Keep moving to avoid 4" circular exfoliation progressing to hydro-dissection.

Standard shower-in-tub but with hugely bowed shower curtain rod for cling-free showering. Good footing on multi-suction cup bath mat insert. Slightly hard water for slightly whimpy lathering.

Dublin is next...

Last edited:
I was in Dublin, Killarney and Ennis last month. No B&Bs, just regular hotels. Good water pressure all around.

No mention of breakfast, or any food..... probably a good thing since you're in Ireland.

I'm still waiting for some pics in this thread....

I haven't seen one vacation shower head yet.

(And maybe some pics of a guy playing a Forum Guitar in kilt, if you happen to have some) :D

No mention of breakfast, or any food..... probably a good thing since you're in Ireland.

funny you should say that... this IS a SHOWER blog, after all... but as a tease for things to come:

lamb.jpg

I'm still waiting for some pics in this thread....

I haven't seen one vacation shower head yet.

Funny you should say that...

8/12/13
Kilronan House B&B, Dublin

3rd floor (narrow, winding steps - 60 of them - to get past the 10' ceilings). Surprisingly good water pressure and flow. Unlimited hot water owing to the in-the-shower on-demand water heater. Shower head non-adjustable, but a good compromise between mist and gush. Note - on-demand heater louder than the A300 we flew in on...

Cramped quarters, but option to hand hold shower head. Ribbed plastic floor pan gives good footing. Good water softness for luxurious lather.

Caution- take care not to cut yourself on the jagged edge of the broken ceramic soap tray on the wall.

Insufficient places for toiletries (soap, shampoo, razor and shaving cream). That's my plastic soap box hanging from the protrusions of whatever used to hang on the left wall.

s1.jpg

Last edited:
A cautionary note if travelling to or in France. Choose your motorway services with care, too many haven't got beyond a hole in the floor, really.

The French also seem to have an aversion to washing their hands after visiting the bathroom, if it is in a seperate room it is still rare to find a basin in there with it. A common sight also is seeing men randomly parked by the side of the road utilising the nearest field without any care for who sees them, also without appropriate hygene afterwards. We have a 'spot the peeing Frenchman' game when out and about!

The joys of our continental brethren.

We have a 'spot the peeing Frenchman' game when out and about!

When taking an alley from one street of shops to the next in Killaney, we came upon an Irishman peeing on a dumpster. The public toilets were no more than 50 yards away in the square.

There will be a separate thread for other things Irish once I sort through some pictures. And, NO, this event was NOT captured....

8/14/13
Suncrest House B&B, Slieverue, County Waterford.

Odd Water arrangement. Step one: pull lanyard on ceiling switch to turn water on to shower;

s2a.jpg

Step two: Select water pressure (low or high) on upper dial;
Step three: select water temperature on lower dial.

s2b.jpg

The problem is, on low pressure, the water is just a dribble. On high pressure, the coldest setting is still scalding. To prevent being par-boiled, you have to live with the dribble. The shower head is a fine mist except for one overly eager hole which is a 1mm wide, high pressure, boring stream even on the dribble setting. The height and angle of the shower head are infinitely adjustable along a vertical rod. Option to hand-hold head.

The water is very hard - no lather for you.

Footing is good, thankfully, because you need to keep moving to avoid the water-bore.

Once you are done, don't forget to pull the lanyard to shur off the water or it will continue to dribble (noisily) into the night....

Last edited:
I stayed in a tiny B&B in Shrewsbury, England last year when the Olympic torch went through. Low ceilings, only a few rooms above a bar/restaurant (Mad Jack's). But my room had an awesome rainshower type shower head in what appeared to be a recently renovated bath room. I had a great stay there. Was there for work, not the Olympic torch thing, but was cool to see that come through town, then returned to London for the weekend, where a little ditty called the Queen's Diamond Jubilee was going on... was a great trip!

Back