The "I Just Played a ..." thread

Red flame CU22 and brownish quilt CU24.
These were my two choices way back when I had finally saved up enough to buy a PRS. Stock was minimal and order waits were long.
I’ve thought for a while the CU24 might move along, but I may go Sergio with it.

For reasons unknown, I don’t use the trem on the 22, but do on the 24.

I just played my first Paul's Guitar:

Mark%27s%20Paul%27s%20guitar.jpg

My pal and bass player just bought it from Sweetwater and brought it to band practice last night.
I really liked it. The pickups sounded killer, I was surprised by how well they did with high gain from my MK V lead channel, and the splits were very usable. If I see one that has a trem and piezo for less than private stock money (a tough request, I know) I'd love to get one.

I just played my carved top Mayones at rehearsal. 25.5 scale tuned down a half step. These are great guitars, but I wish they offered a fatter neck profile.

Been full of gas for one of these for a few months now (concurrently w/594 gas), and that's a fantastic burl! Did you custom order that one, used to seeing Regius' with tone and volume?

I just played my first Paul's Guitar:

Mark%27s%20Paul%27s%20guitar.jpg

My pal and bass player just bought it from Sweetwater and brought it to band practice last night.
I really liked it. The pickups sounded killer, I was surprised by how well they did with high gain from my MK V lead channel, and the splits were very usable. If I see one that has a trem and piezo for less than private stock money (a tough request, I know) I'd love to get one.

La dee da.....let me just drop this here........

https://reverb.com/item/15623953-pa...uitar-gen-iii-2018-gray-black-w-prs-hard-case

Been full of gas for one of these for a few months now (concurrently w/594 gas), and that's a fantastic burl! Did you custom order that one, used to seeing Regius' with tone and volume?

I got it from some dealer on the West Coast who advertises on Facebook. They are really well-made and nice guitars, but unfortunately they are only made with one thin neck carve. Seems strange to me that they do not offer another option.

Ok, thank you. Definitely odd, guess they fill their niche and are happy and selling well that way. I haven't held one but I've heard they're similar to an ESP neck, probably great for single note stuff but tiring, otherwise. I'm sure it's not as thin as my Ibanez w/Wizard 3! Talk about a sore thumb!

Last edited:
Back