The "I Just Played a ..." thread

Challenging day today. Time for my favorite cure :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Such a beautiful guitar in every way! Looks, feel, woody tone and sustain for days. I always forget how good 53/10s sound, at least in this guitar. Lots of clarity and great harmonic content. This was my first full Braz neck guitar - made me a crackwood addict for life!
That's just... I mean it's...
Holy...
What the...
:eek:

Tonight was my stock '98 McCarty through a VHT Pittbull 45 combo. I keep thinking that I want to move this guitar on for something different, but every time that I grab it from the wall the more I am reminded of why I bought it. Funny thing, I don't what the the "it factor" is. It's in a color that I typically don't care for (Emerald Green....I think), moon inlays, stop tail, typical McCarty neck, stock McCarty pups, Kluson style tuners, etc.....standard stuff. But it plays so nice....and the tone is incredible. So it will stay.....and probably go to band practice with me this week......

Tonight was my SE Tremonti Custom with Mann modified Phase II locking tuners and the PRS Tremonti pup set through the VHT Pittbull 45 combo again. I'm in a love/hate situation with this one and am on the fence about moving it along. I like the way that it plays. However, unplugged sonic wise, it is thinner in sound than my Cores. I'm thinking that a replacement bridge from Mann will be the difference maker....but after dropping the money on pups and the tuner set (got the trade in discount), I'm not sure if if more money is worth it. Should I divest or keep it as it was a really killer birthday gift from my wife. Still had a good time running through 4 hours of music though!

Tonight was my stock '98 McCarty through a VHT Pittbull 45 combo. I keep thinking that I want to move this guitar on for something different, but every time that I grab it from the wall the more I am reminded of why I bought it. Funny thing, I don't what the the "it factor" is. It's in a color that I typically don't care for (Emerald Green....I think), moon inlays, stop tail, typical McCarty neck, stock McCarty pups, Kluson style tuners, etc.....standard stuff. But it plays so nice....and the tone is incredible. So it will stay.....and probably go to band practice with me this week......

Trust me... I know precisely what you're saying here...

prs02.png

Brand new Historic ‘58 Les Paul. I was put off by the gigantic neck and small frets.

I guess there’s a reason necks got smaller over time.

Back