The "I can't live without it/them" piece(s) of gear.

MarcWink

Okay gang, I'm sure we all have one or two of these. What are they. For me it's the Walrus Audio SLO reverb pedal that I use for my clean sounds and a Boss Chromatic tuner which doubles as a kill switch when I need to go totally silent in a song.

Recently it has been my newly acquired attenuator. The tones have never been so good out of my Mesa.
What kind of attenuator are you using? I'd be interested in trying one out for home use and for smaller gigs. The JHS Little Black Amp Box has recently popped up on my radar screen.

Well, I could live without it, but it’s definitely making ‘a quick lounge noodle’ much easier and more fun - the Boss Katana Air practice amp.

I can't live without the Persian rug in my studio.

You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead...

Wait! I thought of something else!

Nah. Never mind. It's the rug.

OK, possibly the lamps.

"None of that stuff causes Tone to happen, pal."

"I don't care about Tone any more. I'm into decor now. Incidentally, good art works nicely. Just sayin'."

What kind of attenuator are you using? I'd be interested in trying one out for home use and for smaller gigs. The JHS Little Black Amp Box has recently popped up on my radar screen.

I bought a Bugera PS1. Not expensive, not reactive, but it works and the tone loss is minimal.

I get a nice bit of hair on my clean sound now, just on the edge. Tonal bliss, without the pain.

I know this will be an utter shock to those that know me....
daisy.jpg

Back