The "I can't live without it/them" piece(s) of gear.

I have some really great pedals, some work better with certain amps or guitars, but the one I always want on my board is the Friedman Buxom Boost. It's not complicated, but it can do a lot of work on the EQ of the raw guitar signal in conjunction with the signal boost. Sure, I could use an EQ pedal, but the Friedman is easy, and I'm lazy!

My chair with the Batman cape. I'm old. And tired.

NewDesk.jpg

Well, the list is long, but distinguished, depending on your imagination: just about anything! More PRS guitars, amps, more PRS guitars, pedals, more PRS guitars, mixing boards, more PRS guitars, other digital devices, more PRS guitars, endless money for more PRS guitars... other than that, not much at all.

Easy, it'e Xotic EP Booster. I was using one since they came out. Every time I'm thinking to drop it its finding its way back on my pedalboard.

Alternatively - my tuner. I'm not really brand loyal but I have Sonic Research ST-300 mini right now.

I have few other solid choices gear wise such as Kingtone Octaland Mini for all octafuzz needs or either Boss DM2 or DM3 (to me they sound the same) but I can live without them.

The only gear I absolutely must have....jazz 3 picks. I've probably used every pick under the sun at this point and those cheap red ones are just perfect. Using any other pick feels like I'm holding a spoon.

I use the silver spoon I was born with.

Then I eat Jello afterward. Because I'm into things that do two things.

Try eating Jello with a Jazz III. Very difficult.

Hmmmm, Good read!!! For me it'd have to be my Fender medium 358 picks. I've been using them since 1985. Everything feels clunky and too big.

The other essential piece is my Helix rack. I know it so well and it always gives me what I want regarding tone and feel. I'm totally confortable getting the tones and responsiveness where I want.

Guitars? While I have some that are crucial to my desires, none have ever been so essential that they become core to my tone. They are just the handle of the paint brush....

My Line 6 Pod Go for playing at church. Hey, I'm almost 69 years old and with my back and knees being the way the are I had to lighten the load as much as possible!

Another piece of gear that I must have is my Friedman BE-OD...this occurred to me while playing over the weekend. The BE-OD really is an amp in a box and can do just about any drive tone under the sun from classic rock to face melting metal.

Back