The Herf

Behold the Partagas Salomones, a fat fuggin figurado available exclusively from La Casa Del Habanos. It is so nicely rolled I could hardly bring myself to set it ablaze. I powered through the guilt.

20% into this stick and the burn is flawless, the draw is flawless, and the flavor is thoroughbred Cuban. This is the kind of cigar that reminds me why I love cigars.

This Salomones was one of two in the humidor and it is safe to say, the other one will have to wait for a special occasion. Life is good.

27CCDE2B-7554-43A6-8263-F74438D0AAC6-X4.jpg

I had one of these over the weekend, and they are FANTASTIC!!

That reminds me, I got an email earlier about Labor Day sales at my regular online smokeshop. I need to refill the humidor!

Tonight will probably be my usual Quintero y Hermanos Brevas. Or, maybe I'll celebrate the whole Friday thing with a RyJ Coronation en Tubo. I need to get some more Epicure No 1 en Tubos. (I just can't afford big smokes any more)

Thanks for the reminder, though! Off I go to take care of myself!

Long work trips generally give me the chance to sample many new (to me) brands and blends in close proximity to my favorite cigars. This trip has been no exception.

Last time I was in the States, I scoured the better shops looking for Nicaraguan and Dominican smokes from Cigar Aficionados’ Top 25 list. Yesterday’s stogie was this La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel which ranked 13th best in 2018. It was good but not something I’ll buy again.

244B6D4B-F476-4A19-B009-7B6ED7E4558D-X4.jpg

Today I returned to one of my persistent favorites, the Cohiba Esplendidos. I have yet to smoke one of these without loving it. It didn’t hurt that I got to enjoy it by the pool.

4853826F-4D28-442F-BCCB-EA68E3DD5461-X4.jpg

Hans that LFD Double Ligero is one I smoke regularly but I go for the 8.5x60 Digger. I can get several hours off one if I am puffing lightly watching a movie and they burn so nicely. Haven’t tried that Chisel to compare but I know other brands vary a lot from different sizes and construction.

That Cohiba though.......that’s a goodie.

So tonight I am enjoying a My Father cigar and it got me thinking, do you all like a box pressed stick? This one is and I have had many others that were and almost universally I like them. I like the way it feels in hand and when you puff on it. Any of you have a preference or have you even tried one?

So tonight I am enjoying a My Father cigar and it got me thinking, do you all like a box pressed stick? This one is and I have had many others that were and almost universally I like them. I like the way it feels in hand and when you puff on it. Any of you have a preference or have you even tried one?

Usually box-pressed smokes are a better quality smoke, usually rolled by a more experienced roller. So, they usually smoke nicely. Usually nice and even draw, even burn... I love 'em, when i can afford them! LOL

I used to love the Padrõn Anniversarios that came box pressed... But, they are now priced beyond my normal budget. I've had a bunch of different brands and sizes and haven't found one yet I've not liked.

Back