The Harem (Take 3)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©, Dec 2, 2018.

1. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Fungi Monkey

2012 PRS PTC Custom (The White Rabbit)

This is a PRS Tech Center (PTC) 1-off that was custom made for me by James "Skitchy" Zimmers. It started life as a Korina SE One but was plugged, routed, painted, and given a custom (Starla-inspired) pick-guard with matching TRC (signed by Paul). It has Phase 3 tuners, US-spec nut, a fire-breathing 408 in the bridge position, a Lollar in the neck, a Bigsby, rolling bridge, and two mini-toggles that allow me to split the bridge pup or put the two pickups out of phase.

This guitar retained its SE credentials on the back of the headstock to make a point. SE's are amazing guitars right out of the box. If you want to upgrade its parts, you can rest assured that the wood, construction, and fretwork are a solid foundation for a serious instrument.

This guitar remains best sounding guitar I own. It is my constant companion and my #1 player. If I had to sell them all, this would be the last to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#41 ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Song, alantig, ScottR and 8 others like this.
  2. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

2012 PRS Experience Limited in Desert Foil

One of only 6 or 7 Swamp Ash Studios were made in Desert Foil from the 2012 PRS Experience. This is the only guitar that I ever liked with dirt-birds; due to their gold hue. They just seem to fit this guitar. I added Mann Made brass saddles and the faux-ivory bits from Crazy Parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alnus Rubra, ScottR, bodia and 6 others like this.
  3. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

2013 PRS SE Custom 24 7-String

This beauty was a birthday gift from Markie and my wife. One day I'll learn what to do with that extra string. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

alantig, ScottR, Alnus Rubra and 6 others like this.
  4. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

2013 PRS Paul's Guitar

One day I was dorking around on FaceBook and Hunter (I think it was Hunter) posted this photo of a Paul's Guitar. It absolutely floored me. The top was just my style and it had a nice, dark, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard.

[​IMG]

I posted a reply -- asking which dealer it was headed to -- but I got no response. A few days later, my friend JD (Guitar Maverick, Austin) posts it up for sale on his site. Talk about a small world! Anyway I bought this guitar along with a Grissom amp. I never bonded with that amp and sold it but the guitar is a keeper.

I've changed the metal tuner buttons to faux ivory. Other than that, its bone stock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

alantig, ScottR, Alnus Rubra and 7 others like this.
  5. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

2013 PRS Walnut Limited

I was trying to be a good boy (not buy any more guitars) when I ran across this beauty. Can you believe that Walnut top!?!?! Stupid, right? The semi-hollow body and Brazilian Rosewood fretboard are just icing on the cake. But, as I mentioned, I was trying to be good. So I called PfennRock, the original wood-whore, and told him he had to see it. Just as I suspected, he loved it too and - as soon as I assured him that I wasn't going to buy it -- he bought it immediately. I was saved!

A few weeks later, he called and said he was selling it. He gave me some BS story about feeling guilty for buying a guitar that I wanted when I clearly called him so I WOULDN'T buy it. But, I'm completely guitarded so... I thanked him for his generosity bought it from Steve. So much for being good.

I can't recall if I swapped-out the bridge for a 1-piece Mann trem. If not, I will. I just like 'em. I don't have any self-taken photos of this guitar. I need to fix that next time I get my hands on it (which will be a while). Between now and then, here are the photos from the dealer's original sale ad.

By the way, this guitar has a twin. It was clearly from the same piece of wood too. No sh!t. the twin used to be owned by Markie but I think Andy (iahawk) has it now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2013 PRS Music Store Live (MSL) Wood Library Paul's Guitar

I walked into a GC in Denver to kill some time before my flight from DIA. The guy working behind the counter asked me if I needed some help and I said "no thanks, I'm just window shopping". A few minutes later, I saw this bad MF'er hanging from the nose-bleed section. I laughed before telling the guy I changed my mind and needed him to get a ladder. I have never seen a mahogany-top Paul's Guitar and the price was very tempting.

When he handed it to me, I knew how it was going to end. It also has a rosewood neck, Brazilian Fretboard, and paisley case. The price was low because it has some warts (dings and dents in the body). The previous owner didn't give a sh!t about keeping it safe and it shows. But I couldn’t care less because this guitar sounds and feels remarkable. Plus, I can lean it in the corner and not worry about it. I will obviously need to get past the honeymoon phase to see where it lands but it is currently way up there. All-time top 5 guitar for tone and feel? Maybe...

I call it the Warthog (warts + mahogany). Can you dig it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#45 ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  6. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Year? PTC Modified Mahogany SE One

It's no secret that I love the SE One. I have long hoped that PRS would make a "US One" and even went so far as having a Private Stock SE One spec'd-out a while back. After having the White Rabbit for a few years, I started to get paranoid that something would happen to it and I would lose "that sound". So I bought a mahogany SE One and sent it to Skitchy for some of his special brand of voodoo.

The guitar features a US-spec nut, US bridge and bridge studs, CTS pot, and a narrow 408 pickup. The mini-switch splits the pickup. Simple guitar. Serious tone.

[​IMG]

7. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

2018 PRS Silver Sky (John Mayer Signature Guitar with 'the case')

I learned a long time ago to stop saying I was done buying guitars. That said... this is certainly among the last. This is one of the pre-release guitars. It was made in January of 2018 and made the rounds with PRS as a demo guitar. It eventually made its way to Music Store Lives sale page where I found it. I snapped it up and the honeymoon is in full effect.

Making its first appearance on the forum, I present my Tungsten SS with case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Except for one more SE One Korina that I have rat-holed, that's it for PRS guitars. I do have some honorable mentions but they are Fenders, Gibsons, and Hamer's. I'll add them in this post another time. Cheers!

ScottR, Alnus Rubra, bodia and 3 others like this.
  9. Buildermike

Buildermike Can you have too many?

Interested to hear what's currently across the pond.

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© likes this.
  10. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

A thread worth doing again. Thanks for the fresh photos.
    I feel honoured to have had my grubby hands on some of them.

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© likes this.
  11. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

The love of guitars is secondary to the love of friends we’ve all made because of them. Hanso, I’m greatful for the friendship we have. Man-hug.

[​IMG]

Oh, BTW..........nice collection.

And, I’m glad you have that claro. It’s where it belongs.

#51 11top, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  12. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

Awesome adventure!

13. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

Hans, I fixed sentence #2 for you.
    End of debate. ;-)

#53 11top, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    ]-[@n$0Ma☩!© likes this.
  14. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc I like to party, mmm hmm, everybody does.

Bangin’!

Don’t you have a white SE Soapbar?

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© and LSchefman like this.
  15. WA Paul

WA Paul It’s ok...I’m with Manny dog

Agree with the thoughts on McCarty thickness (or SC thickness) with Braz RW necks. Magic with 59/09s, especially SCT ME I :)

I need to up my Celtic knot collection...:D

EDIT - also agree on the virtues of Madagascar RW. I’ve had one with Maddie RW neck that as amazing. My 594 has a Maddie fretboard and some serious mojo...

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© and LSchefman like this.
  16. markie

markie Zombie 27 - DFZ

I just spent 45 minutes reminiscing a lot of great times. Many a smile has crossed my face in that 45 minutes. I even got my Wife to enter my dungeon to share the memories. Thanks for posting this Hans ............. NERD :D

BTW: I miss you my friend!

alantig, ScottR, WA Paul and 5 others like this.
  17. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

I really enjoyed this read, Hans! The guitars are wonderful, too.

18. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Shoegazing Member

Great collections, Hans. Amazing guitars!

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© likes this.
  19. geese_com

geese_com New Member

Excellent thread!

alantig and ]-[@n$0Ma☩!© like this.
  20. Shawn@PRS

Staff Member Moderator

Well worth the time to allow the photos to load. Sweet collection!

alantig and ]-[@n$0Ma☩!© like this.