The Hansen Twins

Zilmo

Large Member
Two of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen. These were built for my daughters at the request of Paul Smith. They are built on the Modern Eagle platform, but highly customized. The woods used were from Paul's personal stash, and he actually sent me the wood blanks for my approval. The colors are one-offs, Madisen Purple, and Raleigh Pink. The necks are Brazilian that Paul had put away because of the amazing way they rang when thumped. I worked with Mr. Nuthall to spec these out. Paul had told me "The sky is the limit" in their design. These guitars mean the world to me. Once again, thank-you Paul for what you did for me.

DSC_0031-2.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036-2.jpg

DSC_0037-3.jpg

Always loved the personal story behind these guitars, Z! Do the girls love them as much as you?

Can I be your daughter, too....even though I'm a 32 year old dude? :tongue:

In all seriousness, those are beautiful guitars and the sentiment is very moving. Congratulations!!!

Last edited:
I don't think they quite get it.

Judging by the lumber and what I remember reading over the years on BAM about these beauties is I dont think anyone outside of you and Paul will fully "get it", even them, but man.... Im sure they know they are pieces of art made just for em! :)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;133508 said:
Baby Bear says to me... "Daddy, I like guitars. But I don't like guitars as much as you do." And I think to myself... "Give it time, kid. Your Daddy's not done yet."

Baby bear's jaw is going to drop one day when she realizes what she has to her name... especially with momma bears gear :p

I have seen these guitars before, but didn't know they were yours or their story. They just got better. Wicked axes.

Every time I see these it takes my breath away. Perfect.

Back