The Guitar Formerly Known As The Wizard Has Arrived.

Here's a dumb thing to try:

Get a new guitar on Friday, play it a little, look forward to playing it all day Saturday. Instead, burn one of the fingertips on your fretting hand pulling something out of the microwave Friday night.

So much for the best-laid plans of mice & men. :p
For gawds sake man... that's what the butler is for!

It's Core, with an Artist Package. Neck is mahogany, fretboard ebony, body is mahogany with a maple top.

Nice! It looks great. So it came with 58/15LT’s then? How do you like them? Have you ever played a SSH limited with the 58/15MT’s? I’m a little curious how they compare in that guitar.

Man…I step away for my son’s wedding and THIS happens??!! What a marvelous beast, Les! There’s something magical about a PRS semihollow guitar, too much gain with a stomper, and backing down on the guitar’s volume. It sings for days! I look forward to many a clip (as in video)!

And so, I've decided to name the guitar Morticia.

"Might be a good idea to learn some death metal, Les."

"There's only so far I'm willing to take this, pal."

You could always name your Mesa “Uncle Filmore”.

Maybe you could name your DG30 “Gomez” ;)

David Gruesome 30 :p

Get a new guitar on Friday, play it a little, look forward to playing it all day Saturday. Instead, burn one of the fingertips on your fretting hand pulling something out of the microwave Friday night.

Ouch! I hope your digit recovers soon.

Been there! Cut a nice divot out of the tip of my left index finger in 2014 before a gig. Didn't panic and found the skin and raced to the emergency room. While sitting there I realized this is my fretting hand.

Doctor Agwatu said this is great! If we didn't have the skin there would have been problems. So positive!

Got home and made sure I could still play with the remaining three digits (I could do it Django style, not Django quality). These days its fine, healed, and I just have a scar where it was sewn back in.

Fear not Les, you'll have anticipation building for a couple days only. Have you tried playing slide? :D

Man…I step away for my son’s wedding and THIS happens??!! What a marvelous beast, Les! There’s something magical about a PRS semihollow guitar, too much gain with a stomper, and backing down on the guitar’s volume. It sings for days! I look forward to many a clip (as in video)!
Congrats to your son!

How wonderful for your son! Congrats!!

For gawds sake man... that's what the butler is for!

It's hard to find good help these days.

Nice! It looks great. So it came with 58/15LT’s then? How do you like them? Have you ever played a SSH limited with the 58/15MT’s? I’m a little curious how they compare in that guitar.

I haven't played one of the limited run. But I'm not sure the pickups are any different.

The 58/15 LTs on this guitar are coil-tapped with the mini-toggles, instead of split like on other 58/15s; the MTs on the 2018 Limited work the same way, according to what I've read. So unless the earlier ones have more winds, they appear to be pretty much the same pickup.

Maybe someone with more knowledge about this can jump in and correct me?

Been there! Cut a nice divot out of the tip of my left index finger in 2014 before a gig. Didn't panic and found the skin and raced to the emergency room. While sitting there I realized this is my fretting hand.

Wow, that must've been pretty intense! In 2015, I had nerve damage to my fretting hand, and had surgery. Just before the surgery, the Northern Lights guitar arrived, and because of the nerve damage and subsequent surgery, I couldn't play if for 3 months.

"The demons of brown guitars wreak their vengeance upon you when you buy blue guitars, Les."

"Won't I incur the wrath of the blue guitar demons if I swear off buying blue ones?"

"No. You can ward them off with a special charm that looks like Sergio."

That sucks. Somehow I have 4 bleeding finger tips. I don’t like it

And so, I've decided to name the guitar Morticia.

"Might be a good idea to learn some death metal, Les."

"There's only so far I'm willing to take this, pal."

When I was growing up The Morticia was this trick where….

…jk. I have nothing. I still like the guitar. That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

My hand was healed enough today to spend quality time with the guitar, and two different amps, the HXDA and Fillmore. Previously I'd concentrated on the DG30 and Lone Star (I intuitively felt these would be a great match, and they were).

Well, this guitar can't set a foot wrong. It sounds really great with everything.

The finish is definitely growing on me as I get used to it. Looks very nice in person.

Back