The Guitar Formerly Known As The Wizard Has Arrived.

Also, please do tell me more about these "...plucky formant tones..." -- are they vocal-ish formants? That would make one of these even more interesting to me. Sound clips?

Yes, vocal formants, more cluck than quack, and throatier (goodness it's hard to describe!). I'll do some clips using my gear once I get some free time, but meantime here's a demo of the guitar with a rosewood fretboard by Bryan Ewald at PRS. When he does positions 2 and 4 on the blade switch, it's pretty close to what I get, perhaps mine's a bit brighter. I probably also set up my amp a bit differently, so that's a factor as well.

Splendid Les, that's hell of a looker, did you get Merlin's blessing to acquire this beauty
or some beautiful fairy whispered in your ear? Either way it's gorgeous, congrats
Oh, one last question, are you retiring "Northern Lights"?

I didn't get Merlin's permission. Now that you mention it, maybe that's why I have to change the name! ;)

I'm not retiring Northern Lights. It's an incredibly beautiful sounding guitar. However, no longer have the McCarty Trem WL. The solid body, dual humbucker PS guitars I have cover plenty of ground, and a couple have trems. I may miss it at some point, especially because it was the only one I had with a BRW fretboard, but for now I'm good.

I hope!

You know…I’m having a really hard time figuring out why I don’t have one of these in my life.

Me too.
I know I'm a "bevel guy" but the SSH is the one guitar
I would put up with the violin carve to have.
I love ES 335s and they have no bevels.

...and Les, that is an absolutely stunning guitar.

On behalf of the guitar I thank you all. :)

Now you just need an MEV.

The Northern Lights guitar seems to cover that base, so...probably not.

At this point I have a wonderful variety of tones at hand, and feel good about where I am. So I'm going to let what I have percolate in my brain, and if I need something down the road, I guess I'll think about it then.

After advising Les which guitar to get, Morticia decided to visit to the PRS spray booth.

fyshy0z.jpg

Yes, vocal formants, more cluck than quack, and throatier (goodness it's hard to describe!). I'll do some clips using my gear once I get some free time, but meantime here's a demo of the guitar with a rosewood fretboard by Bryan Ewald at PRS. When he does positions 2 and 4 on the blade switch, it's pretty close to what I get, perhaps mine's a bit brighter. I probably also set up my amp a bit differently, so that's a factor as well.

Thanks!

Here's a dumb thing to try:

Get a new guitar on Friday, play it a little, look forward to playing it all day Saturday. Instead, burn one of the fingertips on your fretting hand pulling something out of the microwave Friday night.

So much for the best-laid plans of mice & men. :p

Here's a dumb thing to try:

Get a new guitar on Friday, play it a little, look forward to playing it all day Saturday. Instead, burn one of the fingertips on your fretting hand pulling something out of the microwave Friday night.

So much for the best-laid plans of mice & men. :p
Ugh! I know the feeling!! Right after I got my PS CU, I cut my index finger on fretting hand, and it took me out of play for at least 5 days before I could play anything, and two weeks before I could slide with my index finger in bar position!!! Hope you heal soon!!!! Try using the new fiddle as a wizards wand to travel back in time and avoid the burn ;~)) Let me know when you are going to do that so I can correct some errors in the past 24 hours as well!!!

Back