The guitar "collection"

I've completely given up on this definition - I'm down to 'maybes'.

Maybe if you have more than one or two guitars you have a collection, whether you call it that or not. On the other hand, two guitars could be a collection. Perhaps it depends on intent?

My own thinking is that if you're getting guitars to have a guitar collection, you have a collection. If you're getting them to just play, maybe you're still the owner of a collection, it's just a different kind of collection.

I have 5 electric guitars that I use in my work. Whatever that is, it is. If I'm a collector, well, so be it. Perhaps I've mellowed in my dotage. ;)

Jesus, somebody or something broke Les while I was away.

I don't have many guitars (5 right now) but I do play them all. I don't play my bass as often as I should, but I do play it. I enjoy picking up the old RGX for the variety of tones it can produce when I'm feeling funky. When I finally get around to adding another PRS (or more) then who knows what will be. I've already revised my want list since joining here, so I don't know whether to be thankful or scared. If I get to the point where I'm no longer a member of my house and relegated to my 5th wheel and start to sell my bikes to pay for guitars, then I guess I will have arrived. Not as a collector, but as a simple, obsessed addict. Probably a "single" one... with a big alimony settlement/mortgage... :eek:

Maybe you charged so many guitar purchases and you can’t meet your card minimum payment, so you get put into “collection” status…

Enough-Guitars.jpg

Back