The guitar "collection"

by definition a collection is:

something that is collected; a group of objects or an amount of material accumulated in one location, especially for some purpose or as a result of some process:a stamp collection; a collection of unclaimed hats in the checkroom; a collection of books on Churchill, anything more than 2 guitars.:cool:

by that definition though, the dust collecting under my furniture is also a collection.:eek:

A collection could be the total sum of guitars you own, or any group of a particular make, model or color of guitars. This also would apply to pedals, amplifiers and cables.:D This does not apply to significant others, as having more than one is a huge pain in the butt, and in some places illegal.:confused:

Les Schefman to the white courtesy phone.

@LSchefman ...

I've completely given up on this definition - I'm down to 'maybes'.

Maybe if you have more than one or two guitars you have a collection, whether you call it that or not. On the other hand, two guitars could be a collection. Perhaps it depends on intent?

My own thinking is that if you're getting guitars to have a guitar collection, you have a collection. If you're getting them to just play, maybe you're still the owner of a collection, it's just a different kind of collection.

I have 5 electric guitars that I use in my work. Whatever that is, it is. If I'm a collector, well, so be it. Perhaps I've mellowed in my dotage. ;)

Maybe you charged so many guitar purchases and you can’t meet your card minimum payment, so you get put into “collection” status…

I’d say that you could call anything with multiple similar things a “collection.” I’d say I have a gear collection. It’s comprised of a guitar collection, an amp collection, a live PA collection, a “things I can’t play well but have for when people who can come over” collection, a recording stuff collection, a massive cords and related do-dads collection, and a pieces-I-intend-to-sell-but-haven’t-yet collection.

Thankfully, no credit card collections.

I once ask that with other classic car collectors their best answer was 5 cars. So I am going with that, 5 guitars are a collection. The road of excess leads to the castle.

Oh Heck!!

I think I accidentally have a collection.
Accidental in that I never collected, I just bought things I wanted to be able to play whenever I wanted to.

You have a wonderful wife, that’s no accident!:D

I once ask that with other classic car collectors their best answer was 5 cars. So I am going with that, 5 guitars are a collection. The road of excess leads to the castle.
AFAIK the Math of Possession calculation is that if 5 guitars fit in one car then five cars equals 25 guitars.

AFAIK the Math of Possession calculation is that if 5 guitars fit in one car then five cars equals 25 guitars.

Thanks for this…my wife was saying I have “too many guitars” but I used this logic to explain why I actually just have too few cars. I’ll let y’all know how that works out once she lets me back in the house.

Back