9JLAU05l.jpg

MW4D741l.jpg

Redish
nIQ5XKWl.jpg

Plenty of red in this one.
PiacvXVl.jpg

A little red around the edges.
z4T7CDDl.jpg

My wife never complained, when I came home with a Red guitar.

Maybe that is where I am going wrong! Buying the wrong color guitars!!! I will have to come up with an orange one (my girls favorite color)! I already had two orange ones (Eko Kadette and MM Stingray in Lava Pearl) when she and I got together 14 years ago, but have not tried bringing an orange one home in that time. Thanks for the advice @chicagoslim!!!

Maybe that is where I am going wrong! Buying the wrong color guitars!!! I will have to come up with an orange one (my girls favorite color)! I already had two orange ones (Eko Kadette and MM Stingray in Lava Pearl) when she and I got together 14 years ago, but have not tried bringing an orange one home in that time. Thanks for the advice @chicagoslim!!!

On the downside, she complained about my White Strat with a Gold aluminum pickguard, about every other week, until I sold it. The same went for my old vintage Supro amp. But she was happy, when I upgraded to something new.

...and this is my 2019 594 Hollowbody II - late enough to get the 'CAB' finish but fortunately before the switch from the Phase 3 Locking tuners to Vintage tuners.

vTZuoJh.jpg

Lovely colour and grain on the headstock too...

That’s a beautiful color! The 594 HB is such a great instrument. I’ve become really used to the locking tuners over the years, and was disappointed when PRS started moving away from them on some instruments. But it’s not like a properly strung non-locking tuner doesn’t work, and I have to admit the vintage style tuners look pretty sweet. You’ve got a really nice guitar there!

That’s a beautiful color! The 594 HB is such a great instrument. I’ve become really used to the locking tuners over the years, and was disappointed when PRS started moving away from them on some instruments. But it’s not like a properly strung non-locking tuner doesn’t work, and I have to admit the vintage style tuners look pretty sweet. You’ve got a really nice guitar there!

Your 594 HB thread pushed me over the edge to buy one. Great playing guitar. Now if I could only figure out a way to get rid of all the static noise when I run my hand up the neck.

Your 594 HB thread pushed me over the edge to buy one. Great playing guitar. Now if I could only figure out a way to get rid of all the static noise when I run my hand up the neck.
It is an awesome instrument. It's the only guitar I've played since it arrived! It's odd that you're getting a static issue... nothing like that here. I hope you get it sorted!

If you really want to add guitars to your collection and not 'upset' the wife with yet another 'new' guitar coming in, pick a brand (like PRS) and colour scheme you (or the wife) prefers and just buy the models you want in that colour. 6 of my 7 PRS guitars are all Fire Red Burst and apart from 'small' details us Guitarists really notice, like layout, bridge type, owl or not, they all look similar enough that adding a 'new' double cut, Fire Red Burst PRS can be passed off as a Guitar you already had...

I know that the Locking tuners are no more 'stable' than Vintage tuners IF you know how to wind them properly, but I'd still prefer Locking tuners for ease of string changes (not that Vintage tuners themselves are that much more difficult). I even love the fact that my Custom 24 Floyd with its locking nut also uses the Phase 3 locking tuners. I don't dislike the aesthetics of the Vintage tuners either, although I much prefer the open backs of the Phase 3's.

I would of bought a 594 HBii with the Vintage Tuners if that's all I could get but I think I would of swapped out the tuners for Locking Tuners at some point. If I could of found one without the CAB finish, I think I would of bought that in preference too.

That being said, I do love the 594 HBii and its a superb instrument. As I said above in the Hollowbody II post, everyone should own at least 1 PRS Hollowbody - whether you prefer the '594' or 'HBii with Piezo', both are exceptional instruments and you can't go wrong with either...

It is an awesome instrument. It's the only guitar I've played since it arrived! It's odd that you're getting a static issue... nothing like that here. I hope you get it sorted!

I sometimes have static issues during the winter with a few guitars. Spring has been unusually dry so the problem is still around. Once we get a little humidity I think I'll be fine. No regrets on getting the 594 HB.

If you really want to add guitars to your collection and not 'upset' the wife with yet another 'new' guitar coming in, pick a brand (like PRS) and colour scheme you (or the wife) prefers and just buy the models you want in that colour. 6 of my 7 PRS guitars are all Fire Red Burst and apart from 'small' details us Guitarists really notice, like layout, bridge type, owl or not, they all look similar enough that adding a 'new' double cut, Fire Red Burst PRS can be passed off as a Guitar you already had...
That is a great point Mozzi. When I purchased my last one, she asked "how is this different than the one you just bought". I will have to play that card!!! Thanks for dealing me this hand!!!

I know that the Locking tuners are no more 'stable' than Vintage tuners IF you know how to wind them properly, but I'd still prefer Locking tuners for ease of string changes (not that Vintage tuners themselves are that much more difficult). I even love the fact that my Custom 24 Floyd with its locking nut also uses the Phase 3 locking tuners. I don't dislike the aesthetics of the Vintage tuners either, although I much prefer the open backs of the Phase 3's.

I would of bought a 594 HBii with the Vintage Tuners if that's all I could get but I think I would of swapped out the tuners for Locking Tuners at some point. If I could of found one without the CAB finish, I think I would of bought that in preference too.

That being said, I do love the 594 HBii and its a superb instrument. As I said above in the Hollowbody II post, everyone should own at least 1 PRS Hollowbody - whether you prefer the '594' or 'HBii with Piezo', both are exceptional instruments and you can't go wrong with either...

Sneaky! I approve.

A little late to the party,
Miss Scarlet - all korina, with an old growth Brazilian board, marked "for USA only."

Coupla non-PRS...

Redstone - a good, honest workhorse

Orville long tenon quilt top in custom raspberry, with matching headstock & gold hardware.
Never seen another this color.

This old Hagstrom's been around the block a few times.

Last edited:
I haven't had a red guitar in a long time, except the '65 Cherry SG Special. And that doesn't count, 'cause I don't play it, and right now my son has it in LA, where it'll get some good use.

I'd certainly get another red guitar, it's not as though I don't like 'em!

Back