The Great Blue Guitar Thread

Congratulations and welcome. Bonnie guitar.

Love the TRC.
Cheers! It feels amazing, smooth as silk to play. I love the fretboard/neck shape. After 20 years on a Strat its pretty nice indeed. The TRC is from a vendor/craftsman named WEC Inlay on Etsy (about $30). Fit like a glove and thicker/nicer than the plastic stock one which my son noted was not very cool with the word "Standard" on it, lol.

Cheers! Its from a vendor/craftsman named WEC Inlay on Etsy (about $30). Fit like a glove and thicker/nicer than the plastic stock one which my son noted was not very cool with the word "Standard" on it, lol.

Did you upgrade to locking tuners, or did it already come with them?

I did the tuner upgrade last week and changed out my TRC courtesy of @veinbuster who very kindly donated me his Signature 2020 one.

I also swapped out the stock knobs and put some lampshades on it. Makes it classy looking -

Last thing was some ebony tuner buttons that were crazy good value!

These upgrades of course have a tonal improvement as well ;);)

EDIT - this guitar is honourably “blue”:D

Did you upgrade to locking tuners, or did it already come with them?

I did the tuner upgrade last week and changed out my TRC courtesy of @veinbuster who very kindly donated me his Signature 2020 one.

I also swapped out the stock knobs and put some lampshades on it. Makes it classy looking -

Last thing was some ebony tuner buttons that were crazy good value!

These upgrades of course have a tonal improvement as well ;);)

EDIT - this guitar is honourably “blue”:D

That guitar is gorgeous. I upgraded to the lockers and nut. I was eyeing the lampshades at the PRS store. Will probably grab a pair.

That guitar is gorgeous. I upgraded to the lockers and nut. I was eyeing the lampshades at the PRS store. Will probably grab a pair.

Yeah the lockers are a nice piece of kit and the core nut is a economical upgrade.

Lampshades finish the guitar off nicely. A set of black/clear on your Std will look the bomb!

Enjoy the heck out of your new guitar.

Yeah the lockers are a nice piece of kit and the core nut is a economical upgrade.

Lampshades finish the guitar off nicely. A set of black/clear on your Std will look the bomb!

Enjoy the heck out of your new guitar.

Thanks! I just bought a set. :D

Okay, this is blue. Just intentionally triple faded. Not my fault!
mreLsWs.jpg

I have officially joined the blues! My new CU 25 in Violet Blue Burst arrived a few days ago. Have not been able to take any really good photos yet (bad weather, very little sun), but thought I would throw this one up here. Happy pickin' everyone!

51033824806_f578f8d872_h.jpg

This baby deserves a “new guitar” thread of her own. That’s one classy lady, congratulations Moondog!

Almost forgot about this bad boy, too! "Blue Crab Blue." I love the name and, admittedly, it's much more impressive in person. (I know, my crappy cell-phone photo doesn't do it much justice.) If you peek under the bridge you'll see that it's starting to fade a bit, but still looks nice. [Also, I'm claiming bonus-points for another blue guitar in a blue-lined case.]
Jcaaor1.jpg

This baby deserves a “new guitar” thread of her own. That’s one classy lady, congratulations Moondog!
How in the world did I miss this thread??

w6xSzdt.jpg

5TCwodJ.jpg
Hey Bowtiefanatc, where did you get the wood pup surrounds (can not remember what they are called)? Would love to get some of those! Don't like the white ones on my new CU24! Control knobs as well, source? Thanks and great collection!!!

Back