The Great Blue Guitar Thread

foNAs5l.png

qBhq8Nc.jpg

My love for Blue guitars made me bring these beauties back to the top! This is my SE Cu24 Floyd 30th Anniversary. It's far from stock now. When I got this guitar I didn't understand the need to go core because it was so nice. At the time it was one of my favorite sounding guitars, all stock but SD JB/Jazz pickup upgrade. When I got the core I realized playability was on par but it was missing the "it" difference. I then went crazy on a quest to capture "it" because I love the guitar and felt it could be as good as my core. I'm happy to say that I achieved my goal and possibly surpassed it. There are situations I prefer this to my core in sound. I smile every time I play it and say "wow, this is absolutely amazing!"

It consists of striped DW CE24 electronics. It has DW tomahawks, mojotone pots and caps, PRS 5 way and input jack. I used a boutique big brass block, hipshot tuners, and US made knobs. Slapped some 10s on it and did a satin job to the neck. It started life as whale blue but now it's more blurple and affectionately named Old Plue.

This is the Floyd guitar I'd never part with and VERY close 2nd overall to my core Cu24.

30th-use3843c86305f4a6c2.jpg

The sister that remained behind. Was jammin’ on her this afternoon. :eek:

PTC put brushed gold 59/09s in her (the RPs are in the case pocket with the pup rings and knobs). I have a few sets of brushed gold 59/09s PRS made for me. Anybody else seen any?
https://imgur.com/F2isg2c

Last edited:
TEASE! What a beauty! My favorite CE out of 100s if not 1000s or all. Ditch that finger torture rotatory already! LOL
:) It's an awesome player! The Pearly Gates set really does sound great. I'm still debating about the rotary, but I might eventually take it to my local shop and have a 3-way toggle put in and push/pull pots on the volume and tone.

:) It's an awesome player! The Pearly Gates set really does sound great. I'm still debating about the rotary, but I might eventually take it to my local shop and have a 3-way toggle put in and push/pull pots on the volume and tone.

I'm glad you're liking the PG. Its a great pickup, and I bet they sound great in a CE. Enjoy!

Back