The grass is NOT greener

I own mostly PRS, but I love my Gibby R7 & my Mario "T". Also picked up an RS Guitarworks TeleByrd thats pretty special. I could probably do any gig with one of my DGT's or my Siggy, but you know what they say about variety!

What sets PRS apart from the other guys is that it is still a relatively small company, seemingly staffed by passionate people and with the founder actively involved in the design and production process. It is as simple as PRS being able to pay attention to the smallest detail of every instrument that leaves the factory that makes them as good as they are. We should also remember that we do willingly pay a premium for the privilege of having something that much better.

This.

I may have told this story before, but I have an old MIM Strat that I just could not get along with. I tweaked, adjusted, etc., but never got anywhere, and threatened to trade it for a better model but always found a PRS I wanted more than a better Strat. Then I found someone who really cares about there work who would work on it. If I hadn't been in the same room and watched him work his magic, I would have sworn he swapped guitars on me. The guitar is a beauty now, and given the history, it's going to be very hard to ever let it go. The guitar itself isn't really the important part, but that magical afternoon making a special connection with an absolute artist is.

That said, there are only a handful of non-PRS guitars that I have much of a jones for, and I just picked up one that's been a cause of gas for a couple decades now. It's not really a practical thing, but it was a good deal and it was one of those things that, deep in my heart, I just wanted to have. If I had to cut down to five, would it stay? Maybe, maybe not. But it would be a lot easier to give up than just about any of my PRS.

Back