The grand opening - NGD!

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Got up half an hour early this morning to open the box :). She's a beauty - great condition, as described, and phenomenally light weight at 6 pounds! Super resonant, plays great. Have only been able to plug in for a few through Helix native and headphones so far, but am loving the tone - the bridge pickup gets me enough twang to satisfy my Tele itch without actually sounding like a Tele, if that makes any sense. It's what I want a Tele to sound like but never get from a Tele. Neck pickup is great, nice and warn without being muddy. Hopefully the wife will go out later so I can get loud....

On to the pics!
vela1.jpg

vela2.jpg

vela3.jpg

vela4.jpg

And with the Mira
velamira.jpg

Groovetastic! The sound description makes me really want to try one. (As much as I like my Tele and G&L ASAT, the lack of a forearm contour has become a bit uncomfortable after halving my previous size, especially compared to my Mira.)

Mrs Aahzz went out for a bit so I got to torment my kids and dogs with some volume :). I am in love - it definitely has its own thing going. I suppose if I was going to compare it to a traditional guitar it'd be the bastard love child of a Tele and an SG that had a Gretsch as a step-parent. There's a lot of versatility here, from warm and smooth to crunchy to jangly to twangy - the coil split is super useful. Bridge pickup output is slightly lower than my Mira in feel, can get good clean bridge sounds with ease but it also sound great overdriven. The light weigh is just such a bonus as well, feels fantastic on my shoulder and my back will definitely appreciate it.

Very nice! I bet that'd look REAL cool with an added white-pearloid or tortoise pickguard swapped on there. (The PRS Accessory store has 'em. ;))

Congratulations, I’m happy for you! Looks so cool! For the better informed: Would the semi-HB version be considered only further weight relief or does that bring anything to the sound and feeling plugged in?

Nice score and a looker! I absolutely love it. I have tons of respect for a manufacturer taking cues from other guitars and making it their own vs lets change the headstock game.

Back