The Goldtop Appreciation Thread

garrett

I was looking at my Custom 22 at my gig last night, marveling at just how darn good a goldtop looks under stage lights. I do love some nice looking stained maple, but part of me prefers how that metallic paint pops and shows off the top carve.

aPTs5c6.jpg

Surely I am not alone in this. Let the goldtop love flow!

I love a nice gold top , Ive been on the hunt for one for a bit missed out on a few
That said I like how solid colors show off the curves on a PRS

Very nice, @garrett! I think goldtops can be a difficult color to get right but are fantastic when it really works. Seen other brands go in this direction and fail (IMO). They're either too goldy or too greeny or too sparkly and they make one feel sick just looking at them. I especially like the look of those gold colored Stripped 58 models (PRS Experience 2011?) sans birds and binding. Yes.

Very nice, @garrett! I think goldtops can be a difficult color to get right but are fantastic when it really works. Seen other brands go in this direction and fail (IMO). They're either too goldy or too greeny or too sparkly and they make one feel sick just looking at them. I especially like the look of those gold colored Stripped 58 models (PRS Experience 2011?) sans birds and binding. Yes.

Yes, the Stripped 58 is a guitar that looks ready to get down to business.

01-3.jpg

I like the older PRS goldtops that are closer to Shoreline Gold. A cool nod to Gibson style with a traditionally Fender color. I was a little bummed when they switched to the darker gold, but it has since grown on me. I'd also love to see them do a Champagne Gold top, since that one is always gold all over.

Yes, the Stripped 58 is a guitar that looks ready to get down to business.

I like the older PRS goldtops that are closer to Shoreline Gold. A cool nod to Gibson style with a traditionally Fender color. I was a little bummed when they switched to the darker gold, but it has since grown on me. I'd also love to see them do a Champagne Gold top, since that one is always gold all over.

That is nice! I imagine I could be happy with this model in any color so long as it ain't too sparkly [@sergiodeblanc :p]

Back