The Forum Member Request Thread

If my 408 ever makes it here, I will do a demo of it.
A little embarrassed to make a video, but I have been meaning too for a long time.
No lead, just whacking out chords :D

Great chops everyone who has contributed to the thread!

Hey, I just opened this thread for the first time, and I see there's a request.

Some of my stuff is on the website, including the Ford thing. Just watch the video and you'll get an idea of what we do.

www.elfxi.com

Ads, son, we do ads. Yessir.

The listen pages have some of my stuff, some of my partner's stuff, too. It's all mish-mashed together, so if you don't like something, it's not mine. ;)

Heheh.

Great work Les!

BTW....to Ruger in the OP....never mentioned it before, but your video of you playing "Aqualung" in the first "story collaboration" thread....was what inspired me to learn the song. I had listened to it for nearly 40 years...and never bothered to learn to play it; so consider yourself my personal muse with regard to that tune, Bill. Thanks!

Just saw this....

Thanks, Doc. I can't (won't) tell how many takes it took before I was willing to post!

Everybody really sounds great here. Makes me want to actually learn to play guitar.

Les, you may be my biggest musical influence since most of the music I hear is during commercials. It explains why I can't seem to write anything more than 30 seconds long before I don't know where to go with it. :D

Dude.. you are making a living playing guitar..It's very exciting!

Actually, the guitar playing isn't as important as writing the stuff to picture. Making a living in music is a lot easier if you are the copyright owner.

A good chunk of my work is performed on keys and bass also.

I'm so old I had time to learn to play a few instruments. It sure went by fast, though!

And thanks for the kind words, my friends. Without you I'd probably go nuts!

Last edited:
Save me for the weekend....don't want to post old stuff, and can't record new until at least Saturday. Next?? 'Sides, I've posted myself already.
I meant a tune up as in my head/sense of humour needs some attention from a professional... but since you volunteered, I think we should wait until you nail that Kid C solo!

Sergio!

BANGIN-PNG.png

p.s. I do NOT recommend google image searching "bangin" unless you want a serious slap in the back of the head by someone. NSFW boys and girls! NSFW.

I meant a tune up as in my head/sense of humour needs some attention from a professional... but since you volunteered, I think we should wait until you nail that Kid C solo!

OK...so far, I have it complete and relatively speed accurate up until he heads down the neck to the 5th fret at about the 35" mark. At that point, I become quite spastic.

So....25" worth of solo to go....expected date of completion...prior to the end of May. I promise to post it when it's nailed.....that is the only thing that keeps me going when I think about hurling the guitar through the amp and smashing whatever I am playing the tutorial or sample through.

Hey, Thanks for the kind words guys! I am particularly touched by your use of the official Bangin' graphic Justin.:girl:

Here: https://soundcloud.com/sergiodeblanc/weekend-lovers-scratch

I just mixed this on the toilet through MacBook speakers... it isn't really done yet.

Nice Sergio!

Love the funky guitar and the solo works well in the context of the whole song. Just a great groove through the whole tune!

You'd laugh your heads off if you actually heard me say this, but it is indeed Bangin!

Right... off to delete my internet history after Googling 'bangin'... :eek:

BTW... Thanks for the kind comments chaps. Very much appreciated!!!

OK, let's see, who is next? Goldtop. That's right, Lloyd I'm (we're) looking at YOU!

GOLDTOP!
GOLDTOP!
GOLDTOP!

Paging Lloyd/Goldtop to the request thread....

Back