The "Forum" Guitar

A CE22 with 408's and moons but a "PRS Forum" inlay at the 12th fret. Unique and not so expensive.

Late to the party I see, but I'd fancy something akin to AP's suggestion of CE with 408's THat would be a cool mix and i'd be on it like jabba at a buffet.

A special forum TRC would be cool too. And much more affordable ;)

Lots of cool ideas going here, I love the suggestions for a DC245 and Sig switching! I would probably go for a set of 59/09's as far as pickups, but that's just $.02 from someone that won't be buying one (stupid grad school loans, why they haven't added a "PRS Fund" to our expense budget is beyond me).

If a MD Forum Guitar doesn't happen for any reason, I would be down for some kind of special run SE with USA pickups and a special top/finish, or something like that... but by all means, go for the USA guitar first!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;44121 said:
I like the idea of something unique. I even tried to find a way to work a deck of cards into the design.

I thought that also hans, Diamond, Spade, Heart, Club inlays. I also think there should be 52 made. I think the voting system would work best with this. The BCRichplayers forum I belong to designed a Warlock made in Korea with specs all voted on by the forum. They kept the price to $1000 and were able to get it done. In the end they did 2 colors, purple burst and black silver burst ,25 of each color, neck through, dimarzio pups, diamond inlays, kahler with floyd nut, etc. It turned out really nice.

Of course we could do a Poker motif and each buyer could just have their card represented on the truss rod cover.

What about those random dealer runs like the purple SE Tremonti custom? They always seem to be in runs numbering around fifty. I think I'm gonna be a flip-flopper and suggest that it be an SE model so that way everybody who is a card member could come closer to affording it. It would kill me to see "The Queen of Hearts" be out of my reach, and there are a few important cards who have not yet been able to get into a Maryland made PRS yet. It might also be a bit more practical to try and talk to one of the dealers in our new Dealer section about them ordering a run of say..... I don't know..... um, a SE 24 in the Tri-color Rasta scheme? (still pushing my own agenda)

It would kill me to see "The Queen of Hearts" be out of my reach...
That's why a poker theme with custom truss rod covers (for your actual card) makes sense. Plus, people who are card holders might not want one. Conversely, people who are NOT card holder might want one.

Along the lines of prior posts....and NOT trying to be a troublemaker here...but, as a Card Holder, I would not be willing to commit to an SE model...it's just not in my plans, and would represent a waste of my funds. I know I am kinda particular, but if I am going to spend new money on a model, it would have to be a model that met my interests. that's why I am thinking that an accessory might be the best way to go, for the "forum model". I'd be flexible with regard to model, pickups, scale length...even type of wood. Where I would draw the line is the SE vs. a USA made model. Not trying to be an elitist here at all, BTW. I already own an Angelus SE.

In addition, it may be somewaht presumptious to assume that everyone who committed to a card to assist this forum would be in a position to buy any guitar in the near future. I'd hate to have people who are contributing to the forum feel like they are "2nd class citizens" because they might be financially unable to participate at this time.

Just my 3 cents.

let's not forget, gents... this is just an idea and it might take a month for everyone to warm to new ideas. Even then, we still might find an idea that works, pitch the idea, and be told "no".

So for now, let's not get out the checkbooks and start arm-wrestling over details. Instead, let's keep brainstorming all the possibilities. Get crazy with the cheeze whiz.

Always the contrarian, I am...

What I love about PRS is the ability to choose, or special order, a guitar that exactly suits my musical needs and wants at the time. What I love about the new Artist packages is the ability to custom-tailor a guitar for less than PS. That is absolutely worth the investment. Huge joy-joy factor in that for me.

A special forum guitar with some kind of added decor theme...honestly...so not me for many reasons.

Not that I'm against it, and I'm not trying to put down the idea. Nor do I feel like a second class citizen at all; I just have to make choices, as we all do, and with a studio there are lots of gear needs as things do break, the state of the art changes, etc. So while I try to buy the best stuff I can afford for my work, I also try to be careful with where it all goes.

And generally, I need time to plan ahead even for contingencies. Last year I sold an amp because I was caught unprepared with studio needs, and I don't want that to happen again!

Last edited:
May I suggest a more systematic but democratic approach?
Why don't we have a series of votes about the specs?
First of all we can vote on the core model that this should be based on. (408, DGT, McCarty, CE, CU22, CU24... maybe even some discontinued model...)
Leave this running for let's say a week....
When the basis model is decided, we can have a vote for Neck wood. Leave this on for another week. Then another vote for body woods combos, another one for pickups, Color, finish type etc...
After this model is designed then those interested in having this done can say so, and then maybe it can get built.
A good idea could be that this collectively (is this the correct word?) built project is ready to be presented at the next PRS Experience event in September 2013 ??
Maybe this could be the Experience 2013 guitar???
I know that everyone will not be happy (that's why private stock exists) but at the same time I believe that we are going to spec a very interesting guitar...
just my 2p....

May I suggest a more systematic but democratic approach?
Why don't we have a series of votes about the specs?
First of all we can vote on the core model that this should be based on. (408, DGT, McCarty, CE, CU22, CU24... maybe even some discontinued model...)
Leave this running for let's say a week....
When the basis model is decided, we can have a vote for Neck wood. Leave this on for another week. Then another vote for body woods combos, another one for pickups, Color, finish type etc...
After this model is designed then those interested in having this done can say so, and then maybe it can get built.
A good idea could be that this collectively (is this the correct word?) built project is ready to be presented at the next PRS Experience event in September 2013 ??
Maybe this could be the Experience 2013 guitar???
I know that everyone will not be happy (that's why private stock exists) but at the same time I believe that we are going to spec a very interesting guitar...
just my 2p....

A great idea, but my prediction is that the initial "flow chart" would result in a certain number of responses leading to the "decision". then, we would expect a decreasing proportion of responders to each subsequent "decision tree". Maybe I'm being pessimistic...but by the time I see the decision tree narrowing down to the final specs..there might be only 2 or 3 people left interested in the build.

Back