The "Forum" Guitar

I am nothing but excited that 25 people could agree on an idea. Yesterday I intercepted a call from a friend to our dealer and went on record as being skeptical that it could come together soon. I was wrong. I am glad I was wrong.

Quite the turn of events.

Nobody wanted a Guitar unless they could get exactly what they want..................................... Now we have this. It's not fair, It's not fair. I want one. I deserve one. I keep you guys in business. I should have what I want, when I want it.

I wanted a free PS, but they wouldn't give me one........................ Bastids!

I was lucky I was on the forum last night. I spent the day being a shade tree mechanic, putting tires on my lawn tractor, and rotors and front breaks on my old Chevy. This is my allergy season and being out in it all day, I was a big red, puffy faced marshmallow. I showered and packed my face in ice and spent some time on the forums.

When Hans posted Rev 4 and started the clock I was surprised. I was reading the other thread and by the time I found the real one 15 slots were gone. I had the distinct feeling that I better jump or it was going to be too late. Is there a reason to limit it to 25? As one of the few who made it, I'd like to see the limit at 30 since 5 more are willing to put their money where their mouth is. 5 more in a very limited run is still a very limited run. Let's spread the excitement around!

At the risk of prolonging a debate that should probably have ended already. I didn't make the 25, and think that 25 is a good number. I hope all 25 on the list get a guitar and are able to keep it a very long time. My involvement prior to Rev 4 was to try and help make something happen and I feel like it was worth every minute of my mental and emotional energy whether I have one or not.
Now if a couple of the 25 have a change in circumstances at some point, I'd be happy to take their place - before or after delivery. If every body keeps them, maybe someone will invite me over to play one once in a while. That's good enough for me.
I'll shut up now.

I was lucky I was on the forum last night. I spent the day being a shade tree mechanic, putting tires on my lawn tractor, and rotors and front breaks on my old Chevy. This is my allergy season and being out in it all day, I was a big red, puffy faced marshmallow. I showered and packed my face in ice and spent some time on the forums.

When Hans posted Rev 4 and started the clock I was surprised. I was reading the other thread and by the time I found the real one 15 slots were gone. I had the distinct feeling that I better jump or it was going to be too late. Is there a reason to limit it to 25? As one of the few who made it, I'd like to see the limit at 30 since 5 more are willing to put their money where their mouth is. 5 more in a very limited run is still a very limited run. Let's spread the excitement around!

Yes. And given that people have already offered to give their slot to others, I'm good with it.

If someone wants to champion another run, get after it. You don't even have to do it the hard way like I did. Call a dealer and get a Wood Library run going. From what I've seen it only takes around 10 guitars.

PRS hasn't agreed to anything on this Forum Guitar. Who knows... maybe the 10 from a WL run would get made and these will never see the light of day.

At the risk of prolonging a debate that should probably have ended already. I didn't make the 25, and think that 25 is a good number. I hope all 25 on the list get a guitar and are able to keep it a very long time. My involvement prior to Rev 4 was to try and help make something happen and I feel like it was worth every minute of my mental and emotional energy whether I have one or not.
Now if a couple of the 25 have a change in circumstances at some point, I'd be happy to take their place - before or after delivery. If every body keeps them, maybe someone will invite me over to play one once in a while. That's good enough for me.
I'll shut up now.

Welcome to shred on mine for a few months. Perhaps we can time share. :five:

Guitar Time Share would be awesome. Six month rotations. You can go first. The only question is specs. While I was thinking tremolo I am open to color options. All this assuming Hans works the magic on Monday which I'm quite certain he is more than capable of doing.
I'm going to hold-off on bringing this to Jack until things calm down. Also, if people are seriously offering to give up their slot already, I am going to micro-manage this to make sure the order of commitment is honored.

#26 is Daniel
#27 is Veinbuster
#28 is tiboy
#29 is docbennett
#30 is shadetree (assuming he claims a dealer soon)

The 1st of the 25 that goes unclaimed goes to Daniel. The 2nd goes to Veinbuster, and so on.

But this whole conversation puts the cart before the horse. Next step is for PRS to review the request (when/if I send it to them). My suggestion is that nobody lose any more brain cells over it until we know if they'll even do it.

I hope PRS deem us worthy the honor of a Limited Run Forum guitar.

And, I know it's easy for me to say since I got in line early, but if the number were 30, someone would wish it 35 and so on and so forth. Hey, at least there's a system in place for alternates...

I'd just like to publicly thank Hans for staying the course. I know the journey isn't over but I can't help but feel we will get the happy ending we so badly want...

Well I for one, was kinda hoping for a limited run or 54....to recreate....or otherwise symbolize.....the number of forum members who made the commitment to post new threads and support the forum during the period when it was said that the forum was in danger of dying on the vine. That number would have been symbolic to me of the origin, continuity, growth and expansion of this forum.

But then again, I've been told that I am a bit subjective when it comes to this subject.

Just sayin'.

Just wondering how that would be realistic since no revision of the guitar made it past 20 backers previously?

I've made my point...now I promise to shut up and just see what happens.

Well I for one, was kinda hoping for a limited run or 54....to recreate....or otherwise symbolize.....the number of forum members who made the commitment to post new threads and support the forum during the period when it was said that the forum was in danger of dying on the vine. That number would have been symbolic to me of the origin, continuity, growth and expansion of this forum.

But then again, I've been told that I am a bit subjective when it comes to this subject.

Just sayin'.

Someone's pants are on fire.

Just sayin'.

Hey Bennett, if PRS does agree to make this one (which is still a shot in the dark) then maybe you can champion the next one. I'll warn you in advance, it's a painful experience. NO good deed goes unpunished.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;71540 said:
Someone's pants are on fire.

Just sayin'.

Hey Bennett, if PRS does agree to make this one (which is still a shot in the dark) then maybe you can champion the next one. I'll warn you in advance, it's a painful experience. NO good deed goes unpunished.

Pretty sure I have dibs on championing the next round. In fact I've been working on it since yesterday. A Santana semi-hollow with mini 408's and a tremolo. Special features include a factory installed Tremol-No and a horizontal rainbow finish (think Al D.'s Prism, but rotated 90 with yellow on top), unicorn horn inlays made from white MoP. What you dudes think? Shredding right!

I forgot to mention I'm thinking of removing blue from the rainbow so Sergio can own one.

Last edited:
Well if I can't get one with gold plating for the price an a new Fender I'm going to throw a serious tantrum, call people names, and try to ruin it for everyone else. So there.

Pretty sure I have dibs on championing the next round. In fact I've been working on it since yesterday. A Santana semi-hollow with mini 408's and a tremolo. Special features include a factory installed Tremol-No and a horizontal rainbow finish (think Al D.'s Prism, but rotated 90 with yellow on top), unicorn horn inlays made from white MoP. What you dudes think? Shredding right!

I forgot to mention I'm thinking of removing blue from the rainbow so Sergio can own one.

Sounds good, but make it a fully hollow singlecut with two full size 408s, a piezo bridge, only blue color options, and alternating dancing penguin/turtle/seahorse inlays and I'm in!

Sounds good, but make it a fully hollow singlecut with two full size 408s, a piezo bridge, only blue color options, and alternating dancing penguin/turtle/seahorse inlays and I'm in!

I only want one if they're lefty's re-strung for right handed people.

Doc, just gotta comment on demographic. I'm in Australia, it was Noon on a Sunday, I was between going to the farmers market and visiting my grand dad. Jumped online for a bit a there was the opportunity to commit to the 1st forum guitar so I did. I've got no idea how I'm going to afford it but I'll make it happen, I'll have to sell some stuff I don't want to sell but that's life. In fact, I think I'm going to drop the idea of picking up a '88 VY CU24 10-top with birds, that I was just about buy next week. I'm going to look like a tool to the seller, but hey, that's life. I'd love to commit to both, but FG trumps VY.

Do I feel bad for those who missed out? Sure, but that's life. Do I feel even worse for those in Europe where it would have been stupid o'clock and they would have had zero chance of seeing that thread in time (unless they were coming home drunk, which would have made the decision easier, hey Sergio?), sure and that's bordering on unfair but hey, that's life.

Hans had set a critical number several times before (20) and we never got there. It took some stones and an ultimatum on his behalf to get the numbers, all 4 were fantastic ideas, but let's face it, if Hans hadn't of set the limit this time, we'd still be here making suggestions.

I commend and thank Hans for all of his efforts and patience so far, and for what needs to be done now (knee pads compulsory). He said he's a man of his word, and I believe him. Having said that, I won't think any less of him if he says to PRS "I want 25, but there's 30 dudes lined up" and PRS say "well let's do 30 then" and he says "Yes". He had reservations it would get to 25, let alone 30, so that's why I'm down with it if he changes his mind (but totally understand if he doesn't!)

Justin

Back