The "Forum" Guitar

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;43912 said:
When ordering lunch for a large group of people, it is always easier to ask what the WON'T eat. :)

I love the idea of a 24.5" scale DC22 with Piezo and a pair of narrow 408's. Make it Vintage Yellow with just a hint of Amber added to the stain (so it looks aged) with a unique inlay (or no inlay at all) and I'd be on it like a hobo on a hot dog.

Did someone say nitro? :)

Neck carve would still have to be an option.

You nailed it with this one, IMHO....of course, I'd go for the 59/09 pups.

For this to be worth doing, it has to be something you can't get from a production guitar (not forgetting about the Artist package).

There are a gazillion variations of the McCarty and the CU22/24 so I'd avoid those altogether.

The thing that would appeal to me would be some sort of unique configuration of a Ted McCarty. I'd say choice of pickups, add Signature switching, and two or three stains to choose from (preferably from the private stock list). I'd be open to SC or DC.

Hans, what you should do is brainstorm with a handful of people of your choosing and put out a proposal - people are either in or out.

For this to be worth doing, it has to be something you can't get from a production guitar (not forgetting about the Artist package).

Hans, what you should do is brainstorm with a handful of people of your choosing and put out a proposal - people are either in or out.

This and this.

Let's bleed the pig a little more and then I'll re-read the thread to help shape that discussion. There are lots of members I'd still like to hear from.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;43912 said:
I love the idea of a 24.5" scale DC22 with Piezo and a pair of narrow 408's. Make it Vintage Yellow with just a hint of Amber added to the stain (so it looks aged) with a unique inlay (or no inlay at all) and I'd be on it like a hobo on a hot dog.

I'd do that.

I'm in for that too, as long as you drop the pizza. Not everyone's into it, plus it'll keep the price down.

Leave the Pizza.....take the Piezo.

Or is it, Take the Piezo....leave the Pizza??

I'd like a piezo option. I don't need any pizza.

Well if it did happen it would be cool if it was special.... unique.... for people who bleed PRS day to day.

What about some CE's with 408s.... a totally unique model that you can't get.....

No. I have it. What about something like that limited run of 40 burl topped guitars. Why not make the forum guitar have a unique wood top and have the back hand signed 2013 PRS Forum Guitar.

Well if it did happen it would be cool if it was special.... unique.... for people who bleed PRS day to day.

What about some CE's with 408s.... a totally unique model that you can't get.....

No. I have it. What about something like that limited run of 40 burl topped guitars. Why not make the forum guitar have a unique wood top and have the back hand signed 2013 PRS Forum Guitar.
I like the idea of something unique. I even tried to find a way to work a deck of cards into the design.

Pizza = piezo guys, thought that was a common nickname!

Wasn't busting on you, it was dinner time and I was hungry.

Piezo is one thing I want and don't have, but I've also never sent anything to PTC for work, which I would also like to try, so I'm easy. :p

Should it be a "forum guitar with only color and tailpiece" options, or should there be a "forum collection" with several pieces of various configurations linked together with a common "forum" theme, such as headstock veneer and inlay?

Back