The "Forum" Guitar

Numbers are screwy. I'm in.

And...

GOLD.jpg

I guess we disagree on what is "inexpensive", some of us are not made of money. I'm used to having to play used or cheap guitars under $300, I was ecstatic when I was able to purchase my SE Custom and case, you see, $850 is quite expensive for a lot of people.

I only suggested something based on an SE model because we were having a difficult time getting the 30 required people to "commit" to a purchase of a guitar in the $2000-$3500 price range that the poll shows would be the preference on price.

Personally, I'd rather see 200 forum members purchase a guitar at a lower price point they can be proud of because of the community it represents instead of seeing 30 people running around with a $3500 community designed guitar that most of that community can't afford.

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against people with money, if it wasn't for a few of them, I wouldn't have a job, but when it comes down to it:

200 x $700 = $140,000
30 x $3500 = $105,000

Sometimes, less is more.

I agree. The guitarsbyleo site just came up with their 2nd forum guitar with a limited run of 25. It's base price is under $1500. However, can cost more depending on options. Even at that price it is hard for many of us to opt in for one of them. Many of us love the idea of being a part of the forum guitar history. However, making it a rich elitist club item is such a turnoff. Those with the money can easily get any guitar they want. The rest of us hope a great guitar comes within our price range. I was ecstatic when I purchased my most expensive guitar, SE Tremonti Custom. And then it ended up around $1000 after putting locking tuners and Tremonti pickups on it.

Last edited:
I agree. The guitarsbyleo site just came up with their 2nd forum guitar with a limited run of 25. It's base price is under $1500. However, can cost more depending on options. Even at that price it is hard for many of us to opt in for one of them. Many of us love the idea of being a part of the forum guitar history. However, making it a rich elitist club item is such a turnoff. Those with the money can easily get any guitar they want. The rest of us hope a great guitar comes within our price range. I was ecstatic when I purchased my most expensive guitar, SE Tremonti Custom. And then it ended up around $1000 after putting locking tuners and Tremonti pickups on it.

@#$%^&U*I!!!!!

For everyone that participated in this discussion, thank you for your time. I was trying to do something fun - something tangible - for this community. I don't need this billsh!t.

If you guys get 20-30 guys to agree on a model, lemme know. I'm done.

Unfortunately, for some people the term "rich elitist" = anyone with more money than them. Screw that BS.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;71113 said:
@#$%^&U*I!!!!!

For everyone that participated in this discussion, thank you for your time. I was trying to do something fun - something tangible - for this community. I don't need this billsh!t.

If you guys get 20-30 guys to agree on a model, lemme know. I'm done.

SORRY!!! I didn't mean to cause any problems with what you are doing. Don't let my comments stop your progress. I was just chiming my thoughts in with others that would
like a more inexpensive SE model. Maybe, we could work on a SE model next.

Unfortunately, for some people the term "rich elitist" = anyone with more money than them. Screw that BS.

What would else you call it when members say they wouldn't purchase one unless it cost $2500-3000 or more? ....just saying....perceptions.
I probably was a bit harsh.

Granted there was a poll and the price was set by the results. And the design was set with numerous other polls.
By all means, continue with your progress and what was voted on.
We can always trying for another one later.

Last edited:
Seriously. Don't mind me. I'm only a Jr. Member with very little stake or say in this forum. Just voicing my opinions.

There's always going to be someone who can't afford something. It wouldn't matter if it was a Maryland made Forum guitar or a cheaper SE one, someone, somewhere will complain that it's out of reach, blah, blah. I can't see a small run of SE's being that cost effective in the end or even do-able - pretty sure Hans said words to that effect a few pages back.

For me, though I can't afford it (And i'm secretly hoping for a US Bernie) I'd really like to see this 'Forum Guitar' take shape.

Sure, some people may feel bugged out that they can't afford it but there's always gonna be some that can't afford it. Should you stop because of this? Of course not! If this guitar gets the green-light from the guys at the top we should feel proud as a community that we have something special. You don't have to own it to feel a part of it.

It's also worth remembering that there should be a Forum TRC. I know i'll be getting at least one. We can all feel a part of this forum whether we can afford one of the guitars or not.

Pulling something down to meet your level... Not into that. I'd rather work up to it if that makes any sense. Make a good forum guitar... May not be able to afford it this time but that's not to say there may not be another run in the future and that your circumstances may have changed then.

It's late, i'm half awake and rambling... Carry on! :)

Ummmm...average street price of a Maryland Made PRS and members willing to buy another PRS around the cost of one off the rack that they had a say in the specs?

Ok, got me there. I have always looked at the lower end of the Maryland Made (around $1650-2000). I forgot they rapidly go to $8000 and very much more.
My apologies to anyone I have offended.

Put me in for a Forum TRC.

Last edited:
Hans, I think both REV2 and REV3 are out of the park! A semi-hollow is something I could use; something I don't have in the arsenal yet. It would make sense and the specs are great! REV3 would just be a straight up tone machine and also has fantastic specs. If we are on to REV3 I am in....pending availability. Wouldn't be able to swing it in the next couple months. Come fall I could make it happen!

Ummmm...average street price of a Maryland Made PRS and members willing to buy another PRS...one they actually participated in helping to spec out.....for around the cost of one off the rack?

Well said Bob. Plus, I'd like to add that I'd call it wanting to purchase an instrument made in the good ol' USA, a manufacturing concept that seems rather "foreign" these days. :-(

Last edited:
I was about to right that I don't have a car and etc, but then it came to my mind, that this thread will start to go somewhere else.
So I'd like to suggest to focus and try to find a guitar that at least 20 of us could like to have. I know it won't be a private stock, where everything is planned to please me, anyway.
As I mentioned before, I'd like to have one of the 3 models suggested.
Come on guys

It's so great to be a member of a rich elitist club. Now I can pull off my sales from ebay, as I can obviously afford to buy anything I want with just a nod to my butler and footman to run out and pick up all the gear I just ordered from my Black American Express card.

Excuse me while I have my pool-boy wash my feet, before I leave the Master-suite's sauna and have my caviar on toast for a light breakfast this morning.

Cheerio, all...who is meeting me at the yacht club, after the polo match? I'm driving the Azure convertible today, as the sun is out.

:wink:

Oh, is it weekend already? I'll be right there...

Back