The "Forum" Guitar

One thing it should NOT have is numbered headstocks like 1/50 and 8/50. I don't want to see forum members fighting for the first or last or low numbers.

Agreed but it would be cool if they all said something like '1of 50' to designate the amount produced in the run. Also woudl hate to fight over colors, maybe the team could come up with a unique forum guitar only color or fade?

I'm liking where this is going. How about as a starter for ten:

* McCarty body
* 25" scale
* Trem
* Rosewood neck with no finish, no binding and the Pattern profile
* Special headstock overlay - an Eagle with a "Forum Guitar" banner perhaps?
* Zebra 59/09 squabbins with Signature switching (and DGT-spec resistors used for splits)
* Vintage Yellow

Who do I make the check out to!

Rather than a combined wish list guitar, maybe we could work off an existing new model--say the new Paul's guitar, and create a special PRS Forum Edition. It could have the custom TRC that someone mentioned above, and be specially signed and numbered. Perhaps with a choice of 1/2 special colors. I think that might justify a run, a la a dealer run. I would try to buy one.

When ordering lunch for a large group of people, it is always easier to ask what the WON'T eat. :)

I love the idea of a 24.5" scale DC22 with Piezo and a pair of narrow 408's. Make it Vintage Yellow with just a hint of Amber added to the stain (so it looks aged) with a unique inlay (or no inlay at all) and I'd be on it like a hobo on a hot dog.

Did someone say nitro? :)

Neck carve would still have to be an option.

I wish I could join you guys for this er..."lunch"...but I just "ate".

;)

Love to hang out and see how this turns out, though!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;43749 said:
Or maybe a US model loosely based on the SE One with BRW fretboards, a lipstick pup in the bridge position, and P22 Piezo? You know that would get my vote! :)

I'll take one of these...as a US model or an SE.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;43912 said:
When ordering lunch for a large group of people, it is always easier to ask what the WON'T eat. :)

I won't eat vintage tuners, but am willing let go of my other deal breakers for the sake of making this happen.

well, once again, wonderful idea.
I think the piezo would be too much, don't like it. 24.5 scale and DC aren't my cup of tea, but as JFB said: "I am willing let go of my other deal breakers for the sake of making this happen.". I also think Mike 7 Eriza Verde Burst could be an interesting option for a color

I'd commit to a CU24 or Santana shaped guitar with a BRW board, BRW neck....and a Piezo system built in. Other than those essentials, I'd go along with the forum on specific electronics, neck carve, scale length. I'd vote for special inlays, however, and wouldn't mind the original Tree of Life design from the 1995 Rosewood Ltd.

Doc - anything with BRW makes overseas shipping a problem if not impossible. We need this guitar to be available to our friends overseas too.

Agreed but it would be cool if they all said something like '1of 50' to designate the amount produced in the run. Also woudl hate to fight over colors, maybe the team could come up with a unique forum guitar only color or fade?

^^ +1

The trem needs a steelblock for that upper mid sizzle :).25 " neck please!Vintage yellow is so classic PRS.I like Sergios idea with a bolt-on neck.Keep costs down :).Signature switching.How about same specs on a few different bodies(including a bolt-on custom ala CE or Hiland)?

Last edited:
Yup....we are real close to a consensus here, fer sure! :p

Maybe the official Forum TRC was the best idea after all. ;)

I likie twin's idea but have the option between trem and stoptail

I'm liking where this is going. How about as a starter for ten:

* McCarty body
* 25" scale
* Trem
* Rosewood neck with no finish, no binding and the Pattern profile
* Special headstock overlay - an Eagle with a "Forum Guitar" banner perhaps?
* Zebra 59/09 squabbins with Signature switching (and DGT-spec resistors used for splits)
* Vintage Yellow

I love the idea of a 24.5" scale DC22 with Piezo and a pair of narrow 408's. Make it Vintage Yellow with just a hint of Amber added to the stain (so it looks aged) with a unique inlay (or no inlay at all) and I'd be on it like a hobo on a hot dog.

Did someone say nitro? :)

Neck carve would still have to be an option.
With a natural back and you got me!

what about a version of Paul's guitar, but with different inlay and rosewood neck? trem or stop tail as an option. and I insist that Mike7 Verde Burst would make it even more one of a kind. just saying

Korina DGT Standard 245 w/moons in natural nitro matte finish with trem, Grissom bridge pickup, 59/09 neck pickup, Wide-Fat(or pattern equivolent) neck profile...
This keeps it reasonable on the price, and creates a tonal workhorse that has some uniqueness as well...
Options are nickel hardware with clear lampshades and creme pickup surrounds, or gold hardware with amber lampshades... and black pickup surrounds...

Something i did on a previous forum (with which we DID get a custom run made quite proud) was to break it down into a series of topics and members voted on what spec they wnated so for example you'd have the "neck carve thread" and you'd vote on whether you wanted the wide thin or wide fat or whatever and the one with the most votes went through to the final production model,
just a thought but it worked on that forum where the members would get roudy if they didn't get their spec in the first thread (though strangely quite when it didn't get voted through)

Ya, I have done this a few times on the Seymour Duncan forum. That is just making a pickup and still SO much bickering and debate on specs. I like the idea of the poll based system for specs though. This would be such a cool idea, but again, with all the variables it will be tough....everyone has deal breakers, even myself and you'd need enough people on board or it wouldn't be worthwhile! Alot of guys love the rosewood necks and short scale.....I don't need/want another rosewood necked guitar and prefer the longer scale; some would only be in if it were rosewood....or maple....or 'hog! Haha! Personally, I would say start with a platform, an iconic PRS like a Custom or Mccarty like twinfan said and then poll the rest of the specs!

Back