The "Forum Guitar" body - the most basic aspect

We're looking at how many horns our beas will sport:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
Set aside everything else. If we cannot get enough people to agree on a basic body shape and PUP configuration, there will be no "Forum Guitar". If we are too diverse, we would have to settle at best for a PTC "Forum Makeover" for whatever your favorite guitar is.

This poll is for body Shape only. It does not address the body wood or what the PUP options might be. It doesn't even address thickness or the body carve. There is one thing we must all agree upon first...

I'm thinking that unless we can get 50 or more to agree on a body and PUP layout stat, we are just whistling. There is nothing wrong with dreaming, but this should identify whether it is a real possibility or just a dream.

IF we manage to agree on a body shape, we can move on to basic PUP layout.

As I see it, we have a basic shape and PUP configuration, then a base spec for everything else. We add reasonable options for the base specs with an associated up-charge, i.e. a trem, FR or piezo instead of a stoptail. - but the base model is a stoptail. If we agree on a SC, there could even be an up-charge option to make it a DC, or vice versa.

The base specs would necessarily be the leas expensive of the various options like Mahogany neck instead of figured Mahogany or figured maple.

The base guitar should be affordable to members on a budget and shippable overseas. Those with deeper pockets could enhance the base model increasing just their own costs, not the costs to everyone.

This poll is intentionally simple. We need to build from the smallest starting points.
Doublecut or singlecut?

EDIT:

Fixed by Hans. If you would have voted for "I'm in either way!" before the choice was available, or if you have a preference but could go either way, please say so in a post so we can count you into both totals....

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;48138 said:
What? No flying-V option? :D

no

and not this either:

fish.jpg

Doublecut or singlecut?

This poll will not give you your desired result. There is no agreement option. It is set up for divisiveness. I would agree with either. I have a preference and so do others, you will only get which option is preferred by the most people from this poll. If you had an "either" option you would get closer. Ultimately what you want to know is can you get 50+ from either option. If you had a poll that asked which would be a deal breaker and ther was an either is ok option you might get your answer..

This poll will not give you your desired result. There is no agreement option. It is set up for divisiveness. I would agree with either. I have a preference and so do others, you will only get which option is preferred by the most people from this poll. If you had an "either" option you would get closer. Ultimately what you want to know is can you get 50+ from either option. If you had a poll that asked which would be a deal breaker and ther was an either is ok option you might get your answer..

People are free to say that they would agree to either as you have and then those results could be tallied without too much effort since the poll is not anonymous.

If I could change the poll to allow for either, I would. Perhaps Hans could add the third option of "Either" and change your vote.

I will edit the OP to make it clear that either is an option and only needs to be noted in a post.

Last edited:
I vote for the double cut shape just because I don't have any guitar like that yet, but anybody shape would be ok for me

EDIT:

As AP515 points out below, "EITHER" should be an option for members who would commit to a guitar either way. If you are in that category, vote for your preference, but please also post in the thread that you are flexible.

Poll fixed.

I'm a singlecut guy but I think the PRS doublecut is a definitive shape.

I went with Doublecut... I think it needs to be 'PRS' shape, CU22, CU 24, McCarty, Modern Eagle, Swamp As Spesh, CE etc etc... but that carved top Doublecut jus says "PRS" to me

I voted SC, but I'd be interested in either. I currently have 3 double cuts, so the SC style would stand out more for me... and of course this is all about me! Right???

<crickets>

Set aside everything else. If we cannot get enough people to agree on a basic body shape and PUP configuration, there will be no "Forum Guitar". If we are too diverse, we would have to settle at best for a PTC "Forum Makeover" for whatever your favorite guitar is.

This poll is for body Shape only. It does not address the body wood or what the PUP options might be. It doesn't even address thickness or the body carve. There is one thing we must all agree upon first...

I'm thinking that unless we can get 50 or more to agree on a body and PUP layout stat, we are just whistling. There is nothing wrong with dreaming, but this should identify whether it is a real possibility or just a dream.

As I see it, we have a basic shape and PUP configuration, then a base spec for everything else. We add reasonable options for the base specs with an associated up-charge, i.e. a trem, FR or piezo instead of a stoptail. - but the base model is a stoptail. If we agree on a SC, there could even be an up-charge option to make it a DC, or vice versa.

The base specs would necessarily be the leas expensive of the various options like Mahogany neck instead of figured Mahogany or figured maple.

The base guitar should be affordable to members on a budget and shippable overseas. Those with deeper pockets could enhance the base model increasing just their own costs, not the costs to everyone.

This poll is intentionally simple. We need to build from the smallest starting points.
Doublecut or singlecut?

EDIT:

Fixed by Hans. If you would have voted for "I'm in either way!" before the choice was available, or if you have a preference but could go either way, please say so in a post so we can count you into both totals....

This is a lot of noise,for a fantasy guitar!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back