The Flying Hawk by Moondog Wily

Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
The Universe pushed this song through my head last night for/about Taylor Hawkins! It was inspired by Gnarmageddon posting about his death (and the lyrics are posted in that thread as well). I am putting the lyrics here, and once it is completed, I will post a link to to that production. Condolences to all affected by this loss!!!

The Flying Hawk - Copyright March 27, 2022 - ANO Publishing, LLC - All Rights Reserved

<verse 1>
On a dark March night
The Hawk went flyin'
Leaving behind
A life of tryin'
Tryin' to live
Beyond all reason
Livin' those dreams
So many are dreamin'

<chorus>
Chin up
And put on some Foo
Celebrate the great
In all that he do
Chin up
And put on some Foo
Celebrate the great
In all he done do

<verse 2>
Bogota on call
For the next number
Try to get back
To our rolling thunder
Fightin' like Foo
For all the right reasons
Tryin' to bloom in
This brand new season

<chorus>
Chin up
And put on some Foo
Celebrate the great
In all that he do
Chin up
And put on some Foo
Celebrate the great
In all he done do

<bridge>
Over and done
Movin' on
Keep the beat
Rockin' till the mornin' dawn

<chorus>
Chin up
And put on some Foo
Celebrate the great
In all that he do
Chin up
And put on some Foo
Celebrate the great
In all he done do

<verse 3>
You know the next stop
Is the pearly gates
Where the bouncer says
Come on in or skate
They don't care
Bought the records sold
But he's done a lot of good
When all truth be told

<outro>
Over and done
Movin' on
Keep the beat
Over and done
Movin' on
Keep the beat
Chin up
And put on some Foo
Celebrate the great
In all that he do
Chin up
And put on some Foo
Celebrate the great
In all he done do

in-living-color-calhoun-tubbs.gif

I had my kazoo out last night, laying some melody to it. I was inspired my my avatar at TGP.

Wrote a little song bout it. Like to hear it? Here it goes.

OK, now I get it! Sorry, but I was ignorant to the blues legend of Calhoun Tubbs!! When "In Living Color" was on air, I was at a point in my life where I refused to have a TV in the house, so I missed it all together!!! Funny stuff based on the bits I have now seen (and now I get your jokes)!!!! Thanks for enlightening me to the fact that I have some serious competition out there and also for the laughs!!!!! Just about done with this song, probably be sending it into the WWW (Wild Wild Web) in the next week or so ;~)) Look out Calhoun, I's a comin' for ya' (and your lyricist)!!!!!!

OK, now I get it! Sorry, but I was ignorant to the blues legend of Calhoun Tubbs!! When "In Living Color" was on air, I was at a point in my life where I refused to have a TV in the house, so I missed it all together!!! Funny stuff based on the bits I have now seen (and now I get your jokes)!!!! Thanks for enlightening me to the fact that I have some serious competition out there and also for the laughs!!!!! Just about done with this song, probably be sending it into the WWW (Wild Wild Web) in the next week or so ;~)) Look out Calhoun, I's a comin' for ya' (and your lyricist)!!!!!!
That show is VERY funny and for it’s time (and probably still) outrageous as well. That show was the star launch for Jim Carrey, all the Wayons, and others… including David Allen Grier, aka Calhoun Tubbs. At the gear page, my avatar is a picture of Calhoun with the caption under it “former lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs”. :p

At the gear page, my avatar is a picture of Calhoun with the caption under it “former lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs”. :p
I know, that is why I said I am comin' for Calhoun and his lyricist! I initially did not know what to make of your posts, and then when Alantig posted that gif today, I started looking into it (cause I was sure there was something I was missing), including your TGP avatar!! It all makes sense now!!! I wrote a little song about it! Like to hear it? Here goes!! Funny stuff and now I feel I am steeped in the old timey of Tubbs! I will definitely watch some of those old episodes, I had always heard good things about it and I was aware of the stellar cast it spawned into the world!

I know, that is why I said I am comin' for Calhoun and his lyricist! I initially did not know what to make of your posts, and then when Alantig posted that gif today, I started looking into it (cause I was sure there was something I was missing), including your TGP avatar!! It all makes sense now!!! I wrote a little song about it! Like to hear it? Here goes!! Funny stuff and now I feel I am steeped in the old timey of Tubbs! I will definitely watch some of those old episodes, I had always heard good things about it and I was aware of the stellar cast it spawned into the world!
Homey The Clown approves of this message!

in-living.gif

"Men on..." are classics! The one they did at the halftime of Super Bowl one year, "Men on Football" is worth looking up. Or heck. Here...

"Men on..." are classics! The one they did at the halftime of Super Bowl one year, "Men on Football" is worth looking up. Or heck. Here...

Thanks for sharing, hilarious! Makes me wonder if it could get made today without offending the LGBTQRSTUV community or somebody else!! Those boys are incorrigible!!!

Thanks for sharing, hilarious! Makes me wonder if it could get made today without offending the LGBTQRSTUV community or somebody else!! Those boys are incorrigible!!!
Well, they were on UHF... So back in those days, they could get away with murder because they weren't on the big VHF networks. And boy, did they take full advantage of their freedom! ;) My daughter bought me a few seasons worth of DVDs, back when people used to actually do that and not just assume they could stream everything.

I still buy DVDs. No need to chase shows from streaming service to streaming service. No need to worry about episodes being pulled or edited (it happened w/Scrubs).
Exactly! I was watching a show on Hulu and was all the way through season 3 when I thought "why in the heck am I watching commercials? I have this all on DVD!" :rolleyes:

Back