The finish you want that isn't technically available thread.

John Beef

Opaque
I'll go first. Ever since I saw a blacktop (think goldtop with natural back, only black instead of gold) Les Paul a while ago, I've wanted a blacktop PRS.

Well, I took a factory tour last week and I finally saw not one, but TWO. Couldn't believe my eyes. One was satin and it was really something. Sadly there are no pics allowed on the tour and I didn't want to make anyone upset.

Those Sweetwater exclusive flat blacks sound like they might trip your fancy. Technically available, but not in a non-semi-hollow ...er...solidbody singlecut, like the Les Paul is, but who cares, they still have a couple of the Santanas, Custom 24s, and Blach Myerses.
Salmon as a core color :)
What?!?!? Since when?!?!? I know they used to be, but that was several years ago at this point. It's not even an artist pack option at this point.

Last edited:
Those Sweetwater exclusive flat blacks sound like they might trip your fancy. Technically available, but in in a non-semi-hollow singlecut, like the Les Paul is, but who cares, they still have a couple of the Santanas, Custom 24s, and Blach Myerses.What?!?!? Since when?!?!? I know they used to be, but that was several years ago at this point. It's not even an artist pack option at this point.
Yeah, I got one of those in a 277 a few weeks ago. My main baritone and main regular guitar are both all black like that now, I just want the natural back and neck. I know, some time with sandpaper, I could be there. Not gonna do it though.

Yeah, I got one of those in a 277 a few weeks ago. My main baritone and main regular guitar are both all black like that now, I just want the natural back and neck. I know, some time with sandpaper, I could be there. Not gonna do it though.
Oh, okay, I missed that. Fair point.

Black Gold with some kind of natural or light stain back. Love black gold, but also like to see that sweet hog grain, usually the backs are pretty dark.

jpproject5.jpg

Back