The Fat Man in Red came through!!!

Stunning guitar. Wow. Great. Now I have to clean drool off the keyboard again.;)

It's even better, now!

Spent a LONG day in front of the work PC, and celebrated the end of the week by putting a Mann-Made 2300 adjustable bridge, Modified Phase II tuners, and PRS nut on it.

It's far and away a stark improvement, and I'm thrilled with the upgrades.

Only thing left I'm inclined to change are the pups.

Any suggestions for something Vintage-Angry?

I keep hearing about BK pups, but not sure which set us right for me.

Abraxas?
Mules?
Something else?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

It's even better, now!

Spent a LONG day in front of the work PC, and celebrated the end of the week by putting a Mann-Made 2300 adjustable bridge, Modified Phase II tuners, and PRS nut on it.

Abraxas?
Mules?
Something else?

Great upgrades. I ended up dropping a set of Abraxas in mine. Really like them. I went back and forth between those, the Mules, and the Cold Sweat. Just listened to the samples BK has posted over and over, and finally decided on the Abraxas. Great company to deal with too.

It's even better, now!

Abraxas?
Mules?
Something else?

Would be great if you could comment on the changes you noted going from the regular bridge to the Mann-Made. While I have no issues with mine, there is some bridge lean and I am wondering if my occasional sympathetic ringing comes from the large tolerances between the bridge studs and the bushings. Hoping that upgrading the bridge will remove that pretty slight problem of mine and get the Bernie on par with my Standard 24.

Oh, and before I forget, where are the pics???

Would be great if you could comment on the changes you noted going from the regular bridge to the Mann-Made. While I have no issues with mine, there is some bridge lean and I am wondering if my occasional sympathetic ringing comes from the large tolerances between the bridge studs and the bushings. Hoping that upgrading the bridge will remove that pretty slight problem of mine and get the Bernie on par with my Standard 24.

Oh, and before I forget, where are the pics???

I would say that notes sound more "open" and have more sustain after installing the MannMade. I thought it was a noticeable improvement.

I will absolutely agree that single notes are very 'open' on the guitar. And it sustains for a VERY long time.

To be absolutely honest, I swapped out the bridge within 24 hours of getting the BM. It's not, at all, because I didn't like the original one. I didn't even give it a day in court. As soon as I firmed up the deal on the guitar, I bought the upgrades from Mr. Mann. After everything I heard about the quality of his products, it was a no-brainer. The bridge replacement was easy, after seeing the YouTube instructions he put out. It WAS scary putting a hammer that close to the guitar...but I was very careful, and it worked out exactly as he described. And it was easy as hell to get it squared away and spot-on intonated.

The tuners are exceptional. Solid as a rock, and stable as can be. HUGE difference with the PRS nut, too. I knew it would be slightly thinner than the plastic SE one, so I just color matched the neck slot, so the new black one looks seamless. It helps greatly that the headstock is black. Sharpie markers are wonderful.... ;)

grausch - My original bridge didn't have any 'lean' at all...and there was no discernable play in the threading. It seemed pretty straightforward and solid...but new-toys syndrome got the best of me, and I had to 'make it mine' with the modifications.

bodia - Thank you for the insight. I appreciate it. I think I'll be going with some BK Abraxas pups. They appear to push the sound I'm looking for...and I have read that they are a great fit for SC guitars.

Last edited:
I will absolutely agree that single notes are very 'open' on the guitar. And it sustains for a VERY long time.

To be absolutely honest, I swapped out the bridge within 24 hours of getting the BM. It's not, at all, because I didn't like the original one. I didn't even give it a day in court. As soon as I firmed up the deal on the guitar, I bought the upgrades from Mr. Mann. After everything I heard about the quality of his products, it was a no-brainer. The bridge replacement was easy, after seeing the YouTube instructions he put out. It WAS scary putting a hammer that close to the guitar...but I was very careful, and it worked out exactly as he described. And it was easy as hell to get it squared away and spot-on intonated.

The tuners are exceptional. Solid as a rock, and stable as can be. HUGE difference with the PRS nut, too. I knew it would be slightly thinner than the plastic SE one, so I just color matched the neck slot, so the new black one looks seamless. It helps greatly that the headstock is black. Sharpie markers are wonderful.... ;)

grausch - My original bridge didn't have any 'lean' at all...and there was no discernable play in the threading. It seemed pretty straightforward and solid...but new-toys syndrome got the best of me, and I had to 'make it mine' with the modifications.

bodia - Thank you for the insight. I appreciate it. I think I'll be going with some BK Abraxas pups. They appear to push the sound I'm looking for...and I have read that they are a great fit for SC guitars.

Right on! Way to be an owner!

Back