The Fat Guy Thread

Day 4 - took weight this morning as usual but just now posting...same weight but lower body fat reading...I'll take it

image.jpg

I'm finishing up homework this weekend. Starting Monday I'll be back in the gym.

This cannot continue.

FatGuy15June2013_zps8f9508d5.jpg

I can't say whether I will make Exp this year or not, but I also decided to start chipping away at those extra pounds a couple weeks ago, not as a part of the contest just for myself. I was about 175-180 at the end of high school, when I was running track and cross country and was very trim, now around 205-210 9 years later. I'd like to see it get down around 185 again. My girlfriend has been on externship for the last few weeks, and it's helped because cooking for one is a lot harder, and I find myself just having a bowl of cereal or something small and easy to whip up. Sometimes I even skip lunch or dinner, just not hungry enough. I'm also going to try cutting down on how much meat I eat, which is a huge deal for me. Gonna try replacing burgers at home with lightly marinated portobello mushroom caps cooked on the grill, and vegetables in other dishes where I would commonly use meat. In addition, I've been getting back to running regularly - a few times a week makes me feel a lot better, even if there's not much tangible difference from the outside. Anyways, good luck to everyone trying to lose a few pounds here!

I'm a big fan of crockpots. You can make a ton of food without much effort. Just need to plan accordingly.

I used the crock pot Saturday. Still eating the beef from it. :)

I'm not going to participate, but I want to add my respect, support, and encouragement for everybody involved in this undertaking. I've lost about 14 pounds since the second week of May, by doing a low-carb-type diet (carbs mostly from veggies) with increased cardio. I do weights three times a week as well, so I've probably lost more fat than the scale shows. I'm feeling great, and I'm not looking back!

Keep at it guys and/or gals! It's soooo worth the effort.

Last edited:
I'm not going to participate, but I want to add my respect, support, and encouragement for everybody involved in this undertaking. I've lost about 14 pounds since the second week of May, by doing a low-carb-type diet (carbs mostly from veggies) with increased cardio. I do weights three times a week as well, so I've probably lost more fat than the scale shows. I'm feeling great, and I'm not looking back!

Keep at it guys and/or gals! It's soooo worth the effort.

Yeah, keep at it! Diets and pushups suck but I had to take my shirt off and go swimming with a female today.... totally worth it for my self esteem.

Jesse, my man... you are totally motivating me! That's what I needed.

I spent all weekend hitting the books for an exam that I had to take before midnight. I'm thrilled to report that I passed and that I am not able to dedicate a lot more time to this.

Gym bag packed!

FatGuy16June2013_zpsc7d4b707.jpg

I have not had time to post pics but am still committed to doing this....I have the pics from each day and will post them when I can. Started at 261.5 and was 255.5 this morning. I do need to add exercise to my routine, so far it is just cutting out the crappy junk food and fried stuff.

I did cheat yesterday with a huge lobster roll, and stuffed clams.......

Hey Jesse, aren't you married to a professional when it come to this stuff?

I am. Heather was a fitness trainer for years. She's a health nut and habitual runner who works in the nutritional industry.

And you see how far that got me...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;81220 said:
I am. Heather was a fitness trainer for years. She's a health nut and habitual runner who works in the nutritional industry.

And you see how far that got me...

And the shoemaker's son goes barefoot...

What exercise routines are you guys using? Any videos or links you care to share?
Hey Shawn I read this the other day and found it pretty interesting, dispels the myth of the "fat burning zone".

http://alanaragon.com/myths-under-the-microscope-the-fat-burning-zone-fasted-cardio.html

I'm going to start (next week after exams) doing HIIT training (e.g. hill sprints) after a full body training session (e.g. pull ups, dips, sandbag clean and jerks, box jumps, bicycle crunches), should be pretty crushing!

Day 6 - same

photo-7.JPG

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;81123 said:
Jesse, my man... you are totally motivating me! That's what I needed.

Glad to hear it. Here's to being buff dudes by Experience. :five:

What exercise routines are you guys using? Any videos or links you care to share?

Nothing yet. I plan to hit the gym starting next week. Slammed this week and giving myself a week to adjust to meal plan and such.

Hey Jesse, aren't you married to a professional when it come to this stuff?

Wife does fitness competitions both figure and power lifting. Pretty odd to find someone who does both. She has MO state records for bench. She's certainly assisting with eating tips, recipes and motivation. I am sure she would assist anyone here with the same. Let me know if you need something and I will forward it on to her.

Back