The Fat Guy Thread

Great job, Jesse! You can really see the changes. I bet you have to start buying new clothes now. I now I do. See ya in a couple hours!

Thanks all. I didn't hit 220 but I was closer than anyone expected me to be. There were times when the people around me questioned whether or not I was doing what I was told. Those were the hardest moments and to surpass their expectations vindicated me.

220 isn't far off and I will continue until I hit that mark. I will reevaluate how I feel and look then. I expect another 10-15 pounds for stretch two.

I bow to Jesse. I'm stuck at 231..

I was aiming for 225, but he'll, I can't be too upset!

I just wanted to thank everyone for this thread. I didn't enter the competition because I have no willpower regarding food and I'm a wimp. I've been following along and trying to lose a little weight myself though. In early June, my doctor told me I need to exercise 30 minutes per day. I tried walking some but it's too easy to skip a day because it's too hot or too cold or it's raining. I decided to try climbing stairs at work. I work on the 3rd floor of a 7 floor building so I start on 3, climb up to 7, down to 1, and back up to 3. I started off doing this twice a day and then went to 3 times a day. I'm now up to 6 times per day.

June 11th, when this thread started, I weighed 254. This morning I weighed 240.

Congrats Jesse.

Here's the last overview, as I am resigning my position as record keeper, effective immediately.

finalPRS_zpsbc947ef1.jpg

Thanks to everyone who participated and contributed. Like most of you, I didn't lose as much as I had hoped, but lost more than I would have without this thread. Enjoy XPRS everyone!

Congrats, Jesse! The exercise thing frustrates me - I walk (although not as regularly as I should) and I ride a stationary bike (like clockwork) and referee soccer. And I'm up a pound according to my doctor's lying scale.

I just wanted to thank everyone for this thread. I didn't enter the competition because I have no willpower regarding food and I'm a wimp. I've been following along and trying to lose a little weight myself though. In early June, my doctor told me I need to exercise 30 minutes per day. I tried walking some but it's too easy to skip a day because it's too hot or too cold or it's raining. I decided to try climbing stairs at work. I work on the 3rd floor of a 7 floor building so I start on 3, climb up to 7, down to 1, and back up to 3. I started off doing this twice a day and then went to 3 times a day. I'm now up to 6 times per day.

Congrats Jesse.

Dude.............. This is awesome! Kudos to you Sir :congrats: :congrats:

Dude.............. This is awesome! Kudos to you Sir :congrats: :congrats:

Big congrats to Jesse!

But you haven't done so bad either. You may not have been in the contest, but you've lost a bunch and it shows! :top:

I am expecting ice cream on the way to the airport, however.

Congrats to all who lost.
I will start tracking over in the other thread later.
Still powerwalking daily at work, will weigh in tomorrow.
Not much as come off of me the last few weeks though, but I am not as tired as I use to be, and I feel a few years younger.

Congrats Jesse.

stairs are an excellent choice!

Congrats to all who lost.
I will start tracking over in the other thread later.
Still powerwalking daily at work, will weigh in tomorrow.
Not much as come off of me the last few weeks though, but I am not as tired as I use to be, and I feel a few years younger.

Cool, Corey!

Be sure to change my true starting weight to 209 lbs...
and my start date rolled back to something like 5/1/13

:)

Last edited:
Back