The Facepalm Heard 'round the World...

Yeah I definetly gotta say i was hoping for a good Gibson comeback, but that video put a bad taste in my mouth.

Honestly, a change in manufacturing Kotex maxi pads would impact my life to a greater extent.

The only thing that Gibson can do better than PRS for me is if I want to dress up and cosplay in front of a mirror.

LPnrUPL.jpg

I dunno about the guitar, but I am digging the Hussar outfit that was such a thing in the ‘60s.

Um, that would be the 1860s.

This is pretty funny stuff.

Gibson already pulled the video due to response to its obnoxious - and toothless - threat.

They’ve already lost their big infringement case against PRS, and I’m sure it cost them a fortune to unsuccessfully pursue that one.

Anyone with the least experience in trademark litigation understands the difficulty involved in enforcing a trade dress/confusion in the marketplace case in circumstances where a company has years and years of failure to enforce its alleged trademark.

So this video is yet another case of “What on earth are they thinking, and who the hell is so asleep at the switch there that they would allow something this obnoxious to be produced?”

I saw it as an attempt to further the "exclusivity" of said instruments, it was fine until the finger wagging and threat. After that, my thoughts were, instead of being an iconic brand with tenure, which it is, it is turning into a desperate attempt to do what they have lost at before. If people want said instruments, they will mortgage the farm for one, if they were on the fence, perhaps another iconic mark, oh, look right here!!,, could benefit. It's too sour grapes of a message when they wan't 5 large for one.

“Sir, I got shot in the foot.”

“Looks to me like you shot yourself in the foot, based on the angle of that wound.”

“I, uh...”

“Shot yourself in the foot, then, huh?”

“OK, maybe.”

“That was dumb.”

“Would it have worked out better if I’d purposely stepped on a mine, sir?”

“If you wouldn’t mind losing a leg, sure. Want me to show you where the mine field is?”

“That would be great, sir.”

“Be careful not to lose your balls and stuff, eh?”

“Wait. I could lose my balls and stuff?”

I am far from one of those "conspiracy theorists" but in my utter disbelief, I couldn't help but imagine that the next thing that will happen is that J.C. will do a "damage control" video saying that Agnesi has been let go from G, that he made that video without his or the G board of directors' blessing and that all is right with the world again when in reality, he was probably paid handsomely just to do that one video knowing good and well that they were about to sue D which would hopefully leave all the competition wetting their paints and also Agnsei was also probably given a little more quid and signed a NDA to keep his yap shut. Just a thought.

Back