The Exception

C'mon, we're waiting for you to admit there is ONE Kiss song you dig! :D

A former coworker was in a band with Desmond Child many years ago, so the conversation turned towards Desmond. I did not realize what a powerhouse the guy is. Look at a list of just some of the songs he's written:
His hits as a songwriter include Kiss's "I Was Made for Lovin' You"; Joan Jett & the Blackhearts' "I Hate Myself for Loving You"; Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name", "Livin' on a Prayer",[1] and "Bad Medicine"; Aerosmith's "Dude (Looks Like a Lady), "Angel", "What It Takes" and "Crazy"; Alice Cooper's "Poison"; and Ricky Martin's "The Cup of Life" and "Livin' la Vida Loca".[2]

A former coworker was in a band with Desmond Child many years ago, so the conversation turned towards Desmond. I did not realize what a powerhouse the guy is. Look at a list of just some of the songs he's written:
His hits as a songwriter include Kiss's "I Was Made for Lovin' You"; Joan Jett & the Blackhearts' "I Hate Myself for Loving You"; Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name", "Livin' on a Prayer",[1] and "Bad Medicine"; Aerosmith's "Dude (Looks Like a Lady), "Angel", "What It Takes" and "Crazy"; Alice Cooper's "Poison"; and Ricky Martin's "The Cup of Life" and "Livin' la Vida Loca".[2]

that’s an impressive list of hit singles. who was the coworker, nile rogers? scared to click on those links!

Your sister sounds like a lovely person

Thanks, you're absolutely right, she's the best, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to put up with all the Tom Petty I was bombarded with.

An artist that I unfortunately could not come up with one song that really hit me ........

.... uh oh .........

mZOB9uS.gif

That’s an impressive list of songs, but you still didn’t admit there’s a Kiss song you like :D

Not a Springsteen fan (walked out of concert), but this is kinda catchy:

I loathe Springsteen, and my older sister used to wear that sh!t out when I was a kid.
My one exception is "Rosalita", I don't always flip the channel when that comes on. a little less so his version of "Blinded by the Light", it's OK, but Manfred Mann's version is the definitive one for me.

I loathe Springsteen, and my older sister used to wear that sh!t out when I was a kid.
My one exception is "Rosalita", I don't always flip the channel when that comes on. a little less so his version of "Blinded by the Light", it's OK, but Manfred Mann's version is the definitive one for me.

C'mon man. The live versions, in particular, are great.

"Your papa says he knows that I don't have any money"

Thanks, you're absolutely right, she's the best, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to put up with all the Tom Petty I was bombarded with.

An artist that I unfortunately could not come up with one song that really hit me ........

.... uh oh .........

mZOB9uS.gif

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are one of the greatest American Rock & Roll bands of all times. Certainly in the Top 5

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are one of the greatest American Rock & Roll bands of all times. Certainly in the Top 5

Tom Petty is EASILY one of the best songwriters America has ever produced, *Rock or otherwise*, but when you're listening to EVH, Vai, Jeff Beck, Santana, DiMeola, Holdsworth, ... the Heartbreakers just didn't make my hairs stand up.

same tom petty that wrote ‘breakdown’? great band but great writing? i don’t know, most of the songs seem to be about nothing.

never heard a pretenders record all the way through, because ‘talk of the town’ was on it.

Back