The Exception

I'm so not a fan of any flavor of pop, but I can't lie. I've always loved Wham's "Careless Whisper".

I'm going to hide now.

tumblr_oom6ha7rnS1sqe6r7o1_500.gif

Take Me To Church by Hozier was like nails on a chalkboard for me. But I really like a couple of his newer songs.

Nina Cried Power

And Almost (sweet music). One particularly great line in this song (IMO)
I've got some color back
she thinks so too
I laugh like me again
she laughs like you

I'm not a Mac fan either, they were one of those bands that radio just played into the ground after Rumors hit. Stevie Nicks voice is nails on a chalkboard to me as well, but I really, really like Landslide.
I was watching this concert today, Lindsey sounded terrible. And Stevie was Stevie..I wound up changing the channel about 6 songs in.

Last edited:
I try to keep an open mind about all music genres but, It's pretty well known...I absolutely HATE about 99% of all country music. As much as I hate to admit it...This one hits me in the feels everytime. Be warned...it's typical sad, cry in your beer country stuff but sometimes that's not a bad thing in my world.

Not a Mac fan either but Buckinghams playing on "Big Love" has always blown me away.

Last edited:
Questionable andy pandy clothing aside, harry has a few cracking songs on his album

Mmm. To be honest Bon Jovi. Plnch squeals and false attitude. Fine a couple of times a week but gets boring very quickly.!!!
Having said that I really do like Dead or Alive because for me that's got everything. Baad Name, Baad Name.
Winds me right up.:D !!!

Sarah Mclachlan.

I don't care for when she does covers ( like her cover of Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill ... his is better)
but
she did a song with Delerium (which I didn't care for)
which was remixed by Michael Woods and I really like it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045DBBZG/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Compare the first song (original) with the fifth (Woods' remix)

Last edited:
I gotta admit Serg, this was one of your better thread ideas, took me a while to come up with the first one, now I can't stop.

I never thought she was a great singer (a little too folky for me), don't think she's cute, can't dance, and dresses kinda frumpy, but something about this song makes me feel like a wimpy, spineless, new wave geek.

Back