The Exception

sergiodeblanc

What’s a song by a band that you’re not really into that just hits you?

My wife is a huge Fleetwood Mac gal, and for the most part I just grin an’ bear it until “Dreams” comes on. Like, I don’t know if there has ever been a more poignant song ever, equal to it sure, but... damn, it’s pretty much a perfect song.

Please post a link to your “exception”.

Place marker. This I’ll have to ponder...

...and now, pondering complete!

Everyone loves Rainbow Connection from the Muppets, but I always preferred Mad by Little Jerry and the Monotones. I must have been about 8 when I was performing this tune in my basement...

Last edited:
I'll second Spandau, but it's "True". Another is Howard Jones for "No one is to Blame". There are a few more, for which I'll reveal for a free drink at Experience. I'll be the gray haired guy in jeans, wearing a PRS t-shirt.

My wife is a huge Fleetwood Mac gal, and for the most part I just grin an’ bear it until “Dreams” comes on. Like, I don’t know if there has ever been a more poignant song ever, equal to it sure, but... damn, it’s pretty much a perfect song.

My favorite Fleetwood Mac song is The Chain. I like this cover of it, too.

I'll second Spandau, but it's "True". Another is Howard Jones for "No one is to Blame". There are a few more, for which I'll reveal for a free drink at Experience. I'll be the gray haired guy in jeans, wearing a PRS t-shirt.
I thought we were all gray haired guys in jeans wearing a PRS shirt.o_O and I used to like Howard Jones when I was in High School.:oops:

This is a tough one.
When I was young there were bands I loved, but even they had songs I didn't like.
At some point I changed. There are tons of bands I just like, or know , one song from.
I guess I like songs, not bands.
I've always loved Wham's "Careless Whisper".

I'm going to hide now.
I'd hide with you but I really don't care if people judge me.

I'm so not a fan of any flavor of pop, but I can't lie. I've always loved Wham's "Careless Whisper".

I'm going to hide now.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Careless Whisper, it actually holds a great deal of sentimentality for both my wife and I. Lately though, I've come to really like this version of the song:

I'm not a Mac fan either, they were one of those bands that radio just played into the ground after Rumors hit. Stevie Nicks voice is nails on a chalkboard to me as well, but I really, really like Landslide.

Tough question. For the most part, I ignore bands or performers I don’t like, so opportunity for surprise likes is a narrow street. The first two Fleetwood Mac albums with Lindsay Buckingham on board were incredible. “Over My Head” from the first of those, with Christine McVie singing, is an instant trip back to my teens.

With most rappish r&b being my least favorite genre in popular music, the occasional surprise song pops out and gets my attention. Uptown Funk was a recent example. Pop music has been a wasteland of emotionless prancing for this century, so anything I can listen to all the way through is a win.

Of the recent women or girl groups clogging the airwaves this century, Adele was a bright spot in a dark universe for a while. That’s as close to an answer to a good question as I’ve come.

Where’s your Beatle’s song?

Ooooooooooo I'll be a heretic here, considering the origins

Santana Evil Ways, woodstock video, love it

Everything else, I just don't like/get.........................................I like the look of the guitars and enjoyed his book, but can't get into the music............

Back