The EMGs are coming out of the Torero. What to put in?

Todd_FindingMyWay

Hi Guys..
I am going to be removing the EMGs in my Torero.
Any suggestions on what to put in? Or what criteria I should use to make a replacement selection?

Knowing your a Rush fan the 59/09's would be perfect for you. Hot but not overly so, great pup.

Thanks man..this might be a stupid question..
Am I wrong in assuming humbuckers have a 'universal fit'?

The website says they are compatibles with a 5 way switch. I only have a 3-way switch?

Last edited:
Thanks man..this might be a stupid question..
Am I wrong in assuming humbuckers have a 'universal fit'?

The website says they are compatibles with a 5 way switch. I only have a 3-way switch?

universal fit yes. As for the wiring you can wire them with a three way, not sure exactly but the website has diagrams, I could help if you needed it.

If I ever take the EMGs out of my Torero, they'll be replaced by the new \m/ pups! :rock:

I replaced my EMG's...with more EMG's. 57/66 set, to be specific. Great, versatile and a direct swap.

I replaced my EMG's...with more EMG's. 57/66 set, to be specific. Great, versatile and a direct swap.

I was just reading someone raving about those pups in a post on the ESP Forums as they come stock in the LTD Elite Eclipse-I. I generally prefer SD Blackouts to EMGs, but these have me curious.

I was just reading someone raving about those pups in a post on the ESP Forums as they come stock in the LTD Elite Eclipse-I. I generally prefer SD Blackouts to EMGs, but these have me curious.

They definitely aren't the typical "metal" pickup. More of an active PAF. Clean up real nice at low volumes. I'm a fan though, they're staying in my Torero.

They definitely aren't the typical "metal" pickup. More of an active PAF. Clean up real nice at low volumes. I'm a fan though, they're staying in my Torero.

That's why I like the SD Blackouts, they seem more…organic/passive/vintage to my ears than most EMGs. I'll keep the 57/66s in mind if I ever do decide to change pups on mine. Thanks for the info.

I've thought about picking up a Torero as a nice metal style guitar. I had swapped a set of Blackouts into an older ESP LTD MH-400 before, if you are swapping EMGs out for Blackouts it's literally 20min max to swap them. I can vouch for the Blackouts and how much better they sound than the EMGs, but that's my personal opinion.

The emg jh set will give you that organic sound and they'd be a direct drop in. I've only heard great things about them. Classic yet hot...

Back