The Edward Van Halen (EVH) Prototype PRS; 1 of 2

No Al D, Zappa, or Holdsworth, No EVH.

*Forgive me for not finding the info on this but I remember reading an interview he did a long time ago and mentioned those three guys inspiring him and helping him reach beyond his Clapton roots.

Everybody is influenced by somebody, but Eddie influenced a LOT of players.

Everybody is influenced by somebody, but Eddie influenced a LOT of players.
SO true, but like I said "for better or worse"..................................
rBGwEyk.jpg

............:D

UHG!!! People on the internet... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Read some of the links to other forums. People calling that guitar "ugly?" There is nothing even remotely about that guitar that should strike ANYONE as ugly. It's a red stained swamp ash body with a maple neck. And "I can see why Ed didn't go with them" remarks. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: That guitar was functionally the equivalent of the guitars Eddie played before that, and it was probably superior in every way to those guitars. Yet JoeBob on the internet can see why Eddie didn't go with PRS. I mean seriously. Come on. Dude, you don't have a clue. For all you know, he played that guitar and thought it was the greatest instrument he ever played, and it haunts him to this day that he didn't go with PRS. But of course, even if that happened, Eddie would never admit this. LOL!!!

Just cracks me up to read some of those comments. It seems Eddie didn't choose who made the best guitar. He chose one that could handle production levels he expected, at prices he felt were affordable, and could provide him an amp program as well. I've got a Peavey Wolfgang. It's a really good rock guitar! It's also for sale, because I have an Axis and it's a better guitar. It cost twice as much money, so it should be. And it is. Eddie didn't make this choice based on getting a better guitar, obviously. It makes sense to believe it was made to get a good guitar at a good price that could be produced in higher numbers, and get an amp line started.

Which means, as much of a hero guitar player as Eddie is, he messed up or we could have had AWESOME PRS Floyd models AND the Archon, years ago. Gee thanks Eddie! :p:p LOL

Never caught the original thread(great read). Thanks for sharing the video and great to see the gentle mods that you made to it.

But the worst aren’t really his fault. Besides, Batio is actually entertaining at NAMM. :oops:

Although the look of excess is meme worthy, I don't doubt he'll out shred me and most everybody on this forum. It's just that those multi headed Hydra guitars give me a belly chuckle, so glad PRS didn't try that one.

For all you know, he played that guitar and thought it was the greatest instrument he ever played, and it haunts him to this day that he didn't go with PRS. But of course, even if that happened, Eddie would never admit this. LOL!!!

Which means, as much of a hero guitar player as Eddie is, he messed up or we could have had AWESOME PRS Floyd models AND the Archon, years ago. Gee thanks Eddie! :p:p LOL

If he does regret it or if he did make a mistake, he probably has had other things in life that seem more consequential. I doubt he loses sleep over it.

I love Van Halen music, and it was/is an inspiration to play guitar. I was disappointed that his gear doesn’t do it for me. I love to hear him play it, but I don’t own anything from his various lines/partnerships.

While it is cool to dream about getting a chance to play his actual rig, I would much rather watch him play mine.

If he does regret it or if he did make a mistake, he probably has had other things in life that seem more consequential. I doubt he loses sleep over it.

I love Van Halen music, and it was/is an inspiration to play guitar. I was disappointed that his gear doesn’t do it for me. I love to hear him play it, but I don’t own anything from his various lines/partnerships.

While it is cool to dream about getting a chance to play his actual rig, I would much rather watch him play mine.

I'm sure he didn't lose sleep over it. He wanted volume sales, and an amp line. MM couldn't keep up.

And I wouldn't write off most of his gear. The Axis is a GREAT guitar. I haven't tried the current EVH guitars and I know they have varying price ranges. But the amps are WILDLY popular. I have several friends that have various versions of Eddies amps. From a current model to an old Peavey, and they all love the amps. If I didn't have an Archon, I'm sure I'd have of the 5150 III amps.

I'm sure he didn't lose sleep over it. He wanted volume sales, and an amp line. MM couldn't keep up.

And I wouldn't write off most of his gear. The Axis is a GREAT guitar. I haven't tried the current EVH guitars and I know they have varying price ranges. But the amps are WILDLY popular. I have several friends that have various versions of Eddies amps. From a current model to an old Peavey, and they all love the amps. If I didn't have an Archon, I'm sure I'd have of the 5150 III amps.

EB MM VH, nice guitar

I love Mike Batio, he's a dude. I recall Mr Hans posting the thread all the those years ago, what a piece of history at the very least.

That is the creepiest video ever, note the HSH PRS in stripes also shown. I am going to go look up Guthrie's PRS idea.

And then call the exorcist for this guy's YouTube channel.

But where is the 2nd EVH PRS proto?? Was it abducted by aliens?? Was the Loch Ness Monster really Jack the Ripper??

EB MM VH, nice guitar

That’s really nice. I love mine so much I’ve tried twice to trade for this spectacular looking Blueberry Axis Super Sport.

And, whatever the recipe is, VH pickups rock. The pickups on my Peavey Wolfgang sound great! The ones on the Axis KILL!!! Love the pickups!!!

That’s really nice. I love mine so much I’ve tried twice to trade for this spectacular looking Blueberry Axis Super Sport.

And, whatever the recipe is, VH pickups rock. The pickups on my Peavey Wolfgang sound great! The ones on the Axis KILL!!! Love the pickups!!!

I think the basswood body sounds good.

Back