The Edward Van Halen (EVH) Prototype PRS; 1 of 2

Haters be hatin' - and creepy too (jump to 5:55)?

Weird video and lots of misinformation. For example, EVH never had a signature Kramer guitar. Ed only endorsed Kramer guitars, used them, even had a financial stake in the company apparently but the Baretta contrary to belief was not his signature model. He never had one with Kramer. Ed’s first signature guitar didn’t happen until he signed on with Music Man.

Thanks for bumping an old thread, because that is one VERY cool guitar. Forgive me for the next part, but a deal is a deal.....

“Paul, is that you?”

Ok, sorry about that, but we made a deal about these old thread bumps and a mans word is his bond. :D

Obviously I wasn’t around when this thread started, so it was really cool to read it now and see the pics. When the tuner part of the thread started, I said “nah, this isn’t going to work out.” The tuners are maybe the coolest mod I’ve ever seen! They turned out incredibly well! And the guitar... obvious Ed fan here, but the only thing I don’t LOVE about that guitar, is the neck heal. Other than that, just the whole thing about what it is and who it was for, off the hook.

That video was weird, and I think I need to go pray now. :p:p

Love him or hate him, Eddie's impact on rock-n-roll music has been significant. For me and for hundreds of thousands of guitar players around the world,

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that his impact on Rock guitar and electric guitar as a whole (for better or worse) rivals Hendrix. .... (ducks thrown bottles:eek:). Well at least he left a big impression on me.

That said, what a cool historical piece, and the tuner pegs kickass, but I can see why this boat didn't float. A few of the points mentioned are valid. The heel, one pup, slanted pup routing, no tone control, I think they concentrated too much on the early part-o-caster thing instead of where the "superstrat" concept was going at the time. More streamlined, more tonal control options, etc. Look at what his sig model became.

Too bad it never came to be, like the Guthrie Govan PRS clips, I think it would have been great to hear him with the sound & tone we love.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that his impact on Rock guitar and electric guitar as a whole (for better or worse) rivals Hendrix. .... (ducks thrown bottles:eek:). Well at least he left a big impression on me.

That said, what a cool historical piece, and the tuner pegs kickass, but I can see why this boat didn't float. A few of the points mentioned are valid. The heel, one pup, slanted pup routing, no tone control, I think they concentrated too much on the early part-o-caster thing instead of where the "superstrat" concept was going at the time. More streamlined, more tonal control options, etc. Look at what his sig model became.

Too bad it never came to be, like the Guthrie Govan PRS clips, I think it would have been great to hear him with the sound & tone we love.
Totally agree with your opening statement.

Back