The Edward Van Halen (EVH) Prototype PRS; 1 of 2

Bill-S-Preston-Esq-alex-winter-25441150-451-296.jpg

U.

Da.

MAY-UN!!!!!

If I ever get a case for my EVH, I'm having it shipped to you first for some striping.

Welp... there certainly are a few haters out there. I haven't seen such verbal disgust over a guitar since I bought and posted the Chesapeake Severn (in 2008). I've learned to expect fanbois for PRS, Gibson, etc. but the EVH fanboi thing was a little unexpected. That said, I can understand and appreciate the hardcore EVH-fanboi perspective.

There is no doubt - at least in my mind - that you have to be a PRS guy to "get" this guitar. I sure think it's special (obviously) because it's so far out of the box for PRS. But I can see why an EVH-fanboi might not like it.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showthread.php?p=1684931

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;138656 said:
Welp... there certainly are a few haters out there. I haven't seen such verbal disgust over a guitar since I bought and posted the Chesapeake Severn (in 2008). I've learned to expect fanbois for PRS, Gibson, etc. but the EVH fanboi thing was a little unexpected. That said, I can understand and appreciate the hardcore EVH-fanboi perspective.

There is no doubt - at least in my mind - that you have to be a PRS guy to "get" this guitar. I sure think it's special (obviously) because it's so far out of the box for PRS. But I can see why an EVH-fanboi might not like it.

Maybe I'm just from a different planet or something. I just don't understand when people trash something they have never actually held in their hands.

The internet isn't so much full of haters as it is full of ignorant, prejudicial, megalomaniac, supercilious blow hards...

The good news is that these people aren't my friends and neighbors (that I know of). I'll just hang here with the rest of the Troglosheep.

I was surprised by the response it got on the VHLinks forum after I posted it. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. I, for one, love that thing!

I don't take it personally. It's just a guitar and everyone is entitled to their opinion. That said, I do find their opinions interesting because this is one of the coolest guitars I've ever seen. I was surprised to see such a visceral and negative opinion from a few guys in the hardcore EVH crowd.

It's a pretty polarizing guitar.... I personally LOVE IT!

I haven't seen such verbal disgust over a guitar since I bought and posted the Chesapeake Severn
See, now that's a guitar that makes me glad Joe started his own company.

Maybe I'm just from a different planet or something. I just don't understand when people trash something they have never actually held in their hands.

The internet isn't so much full of haters as it is full of ignorant, prejudicial, megalomaniac, supercilious blow hards...

The good news is that these people aren't my friends and neighbors (that I know of). I'll just hang here with the rest of the Troglosheep.

I'm not so sure that the world isn't full of haters frankly. I try to stay positive when people post their things on the forums. If I don't like it, I just go on to the next thread. Why are so many so negative? What happened to "the golden rule?"

My wife made an interesting point at dinner last evening. She said the internet has empowered people to make statements that they wouldn't make in a face to face conversation. It allows for comments and assertions to be made that don't have to be valid, verified, or for which one can be held accountable. And, it's turning us into a less personalized and civilized society.

Last edited:
Haters don't bother me, they perform a much needed function and you absolutely must have the +&-, the yin to the yang, and the light and shade to make the world go around.

The real thing that makes our world less civil are people who refuse to say thank you, I'm sorry, may I, or hold the door open for another human being. I'm a hater of them and they need me.

..yea ignore the negative..6 people on here asking how it sounds ..tone report ? what kind of pickup ?.

I took a look at that thread - always nice to be reminded about how close-minded some people can be, and how some people "know" what happened even though their story has no relation to reality.

Other than that, what was the issue? :confused:

Back