The Edward Van Halen (EVH) Prototype PRS; 1 of 2

I think the basswood body sounds good.
Yes, I think we all know that Paul likes mids, but I’ve owned 2 guitars with basswood bodies (both of mine have maple tops) and played 3-4 more (friends Ibanez Jems) and the basswood bodies sound great! If PRS made the C24 Floyd model with basswood instead of hog, I’d have bought one 3 guitars ago :)

And I wouldn't write off most of his gear. The Axis is a GREAT guitar. I haven't tried the current EVH guitars and I know they have varying price ranges. But the amps are WILDLY popular. I have several friends that have various versions of Eddies amps. From a current model to an old Peavey, and they all love the amps. If I didn't have an Archon, I'm sure I'd have of the 5150 III amps.

I do like all of his guitars in theory, but every time I play one, it just doesn’t work for me. I had a Peavey 5150 212 combo for a little while, but it was too much. I really am a low gain person.

Same here. I want my amp right on the line of clean and that magical, glassy, break-up so my playing keeps it under or pushes it over.

"I said hey, Hans, take a"
R-5833953-1403986552-8402.jpeg.jpg

archon_100_2018_hero_large.jpg

Yes, I think we all know that Paul likes mids, but I’ve owned 2 guitars with basswood bodies (both of mine have maple tops) and played 3-4 more (friends Ibanez Jems) and the basswood bodies sound great! If PRS made the C24 Floyd model with basswood instead of hog, I’d have bought one 3 guitars ago :)
I've got a EBMM Steve Morse Y2D in that basswood/maple combo. Very nice guitar.

Guess it poplar / maple. Oops

Last edited:
I've got a EBMM Steve Morse Y2D in that basswood/maple combo. Very nice guitar.
I have a Y2D as well. It's a gorgeous guitar with a huge variety of tones along with a fantastic neck. (And it's my only EBMM compared with my many PRS Cores, but it fits right in!)
Is yours a custom spec with a basswood body? I ask because the standard body wood is actually spec'ed as being poplar with a maple cap.

I have a Y2D as well. It's a gorgeous guitar with a huge variety of tones along with a fantastic neck. (And it's my only EBMM compared with my many PRS Cores, but it fits right in!)
Is yours a custom spec with a basswood body? I ask because the standard body wood is actually spec'ed as being poplar with a maple cap.
You're right about the poplar. It does have the matching painted headstock though.

But the worst aren’t really his fault. Besides, Batio is actually entertaining at NAMM. :oops:
Late as hell reply, but it’s become a meme with my group of friends at Namm on which day we’ll see Batio. Always without fail, he’s the one guitar player we run into walking the floors every year. All jokes aside, he really is such a nice guy and I enjoy chatting with him. Shame we can’t do the same next year, damn beer bug.

New forum member here browsing threads abs stumbled across this guitar. Wow! Just wow!!

HUGE Eddie fan and is losing him last Oct is still deeply upsetting for me. Massive influence and up there as the best for me.

Thankyou for posting this and congrats on owning this guitar.

Back