The Eagle has landed...Now with PHOTOS!!!

@garrett Yeah, it was a fun time. Definitely a lot of tones. I'm still trying to find the right amp sound. Currently I'm messing with Matchless/Bad Cat type tones, but the TCI "low note" seems to be flubby with those tones. Thinking of moving to an 800 blended with a Matchless next. Maybe a cab with a higher headroom speaker....might be back to EVMs.

As far as the video, I decided to do a video series that shows me recording a couple of songs using the ME as the only guitar. I'm going to show how I pick my amps and pickup combos and attempt to give a clear picture of how it fits in the mix. This will be in the moment for me too because I haven't recorded with the guitar yet. I'm still using my trusty SC245 57/08.

I'm going to do three videos. The first, which I already started, is a progressive hard rock song. It will be the guitar's debut, as well as Katie's debut singing anything other than gospel/praise & worship.

The second will be a power ballad that will use a mix of tones along with various keyboards.

The third is going to be a pop duet with Katie and I exchanging lines. The arrangement will be lighter with some keys, clean guitars and an acoustic guitar.

Looking forward to this approach. I think it will be a better demonstration of the instrument, and give my songs some exposure, lol.

@garrett Yeah, it was a fun time. Definitely a lot of tones. I'm still trying to find the right amp sound. Currently I'm messing with Matchless/Bad Cat type tones, but the TCI "low note" seems to be flubby with those tones. Thinking of moving to an 800 blended with a Matchless next. Maybe a cab with a higher headroom speaker....might be back to EVMs.

As far as the video, I decided to do a video series that shows me recording a couple of songs using the ME as the only guitar. I'm going to show how I pick my amps and pickup combos and attempt to give a clear picture of how it fits in the mix. This will be in the moment for me too because I haven't recorded with the guitar yet. I'm still using my trusty SC245 57/08.

I'm going to do three videos. The first, which I already started, is a progressive hard rock song. It will be the guitar's debut, as well as Katie's debut singing anything other than gospel/praise & worship.

The second will be a power ballad that will use a mix of tones along with various keyboards.

The third is going to be a pop duet with Katie and I exchanging lines. The arrangement will be lighter with some keys, clean guitars and an acoustic guitar.

Looking forward to this approach. I think it will be a better demonstration of the instrument, and give my songs some exposure, lol.
Nice! Looking forward to them.

Back