The Eagle has landed...Now with PHOTOS!!!

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by markd21, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Maybe use a song you’ve recorded as background, fading in and out.

Just a thought.

bodia and markd21 like this.
  2. garrett

garrett knows just enough to be dangerous

I got to hang with Mark last weekend and give it some play time. It's a lot to take in, in a good way. You could get lost in that thing for hours exploring all the different great tones. I can see it being Ruler of the Studio for sure.

WA Paul, bodia, markd21 and 1 other person like this.
  3. markd21

markd21 New Member

@garrett Yeah, it was a fun time. Definitely a lot of tones. I'm still trying to find the right amp sound. Currently I'm messing with Matchless/Bad Cat type tones, but the TCI "low note" seems to be flubby with those tones. Thinking of moving to an 800 blended with a Matchless next. Maybe a cab with a higher headroom speaker....might be back to EVMs.

As far as the video, I decided to do a video series that shows me recording a couple of songs using the ME as the only guitar. I'm going to show how I pick my amps and pickup combos and attempt to give a clear picture of how it fits in the mix. This will be in the moment for me too because I haven't recorded with the guitar yet. I'm still using my trusty SC245 57/08.

I'm going to do three videos. The first, which I already started, is a progressive hard rock song. It will be the guitar's debut, as well as Katie's debut singing anything other than gospel/praise & worship.

The second will be a power ballad that will use a mix of tones along with various keyboards.

The third is going to be a pop duet with Katie and I exchanging lines. The arrangement will be lighter with some keys, clean guitars and an acoustic guitar.

Looking forward to this approach. I think it will be a better demonstration of the instrument, and give my songs some exposure, lol.

WA Paul, Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.
  4. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Nice! Looking forward to them.

5. Koubee

Koubee New Member

Beautiful!

markd21 likes this.
  6. phoenixbt

phoenixbt New Member

Beautiful guitar!

markd21 likes this.
  7. NorthernNick

NorthernNick New Member

Love an ME! Getting mine out to play always feels like a special occasion!

markd21 likes this.