The Eagle has landed…..

Alnus Rubra

Loving nature’s wonders
For those of you in the know, I was not quick in becoming a PRS owner.

This was a result of immense kindness from you wonderful people (Jim & Sergio to mention a couple).

I have deliberated for some time over my next purchase and a couple of weeks ago this beauty came up for sale.

I gulped as soon as I saw it. I’m a big figured wood guy and the medial (medullary) rays on this just caught my eye.

I did all the usual checks, asking the seller to send more pics (just in case).

I took advice from a couple of knowledgeable guys on here and felt a hand on my back pushing me toward the “buy it now” button.

Well, with the postal strikes we’re experiencing here, it took sometime to arrive. Being the cautious guy I am, I didn’t want to “crack a light”, just in case it didn’t happen.

It arrived and I gave it some love, strings, fretboard and fret polish. And of course a gentle polish of the body & neck.

Enough of my blethering, here’s some pics.

It’s really resonant and all that Sergio said it would be.

I guess I’m a proper forum member now. Thanks everyone for allowing me to share this great day with you all.

I’m off to make some noise through my Mesa.

Last edited:

This was a result of immense kindness from you wonderful people (Jim & Sergio to mention a couple).

I have deliberated for some time over my next purchase and a couple of weeks ago this beauty came up for sale.

I gulped as soon as I saw it. I’m a big figured wood guy and the medial rays on this just caught my eye.

I took advice from a couple of knowledgeable guys on here and felt a hand on my back pushing me toward the “buy it now” button.

Well, with the postal strikes we’re experiencing here, it took sometime to arrive. Being the cautious guy I am, I didn’t want to “crack a light”, just in case it didn’t happen.

It arrived and I gave it some love, strings, fretboard and fret polish. And of course a gentle polish of the body & neck.

I guess I’m a proper forum member now. Thanks everyone for allowing me to share this great day with you all.

Nice.

i-NFDztN8.gif

p.s. Scott just asked me if we have to quit calling you a "pretender" and a "wannabe" now. I told him that, while you putzed around for years, you just stepped up and went big time and now can change your "new member" status to "playa."

I gulped as soon as I saw it. I’m a big figured wood guy and the medial rays on this just caught my eye.

Oh my!!! That looks delicious!

Sweet top!!

Back