The downside to multiple guitars......

I'm down to 70 guitars. There is no such thing as too many guitars!

I think I've said this before Matt...

Matt is crying for help...we can't keep just keep sitting quietly while our poor forum brother sinks deeper amd deeper into his addiction...it's just sad...remember guys silence is permission, the struggle is real...

Matt, help me help you...will you accept my gift today...:(

The first step is...uh I dunno what it really is, but I'm gonna go with this...the first step is send Scott 10 of your least favorite guitars...baby steps dude, baby steps...glad I could help...;)

Last edited:
Of course it's not enough! You don't have a Santana yet!
oh holy smokes, your right, I missed a variable.
okay 10 is the magic number, that's the ticket, yeah you need 10 hhahahahahahahaha

I don't have a problem.

Hi would you like to see my collection of PRS guitars, okay come into this little room with me, don't worry I'm not sick.
fCaTCYW.jpg

I wouldn’t have bet on someone else here having a Norman. I bought mine before PRS existed.
Picked mine up in the late 1990s, I think. Dang, I can't remember. The B-15 model, IIRC, made from Cherry. It was an inexpensive yet nicely playing guitar made in Canada (where I lived at the time). I bought the non-pickup version, but I have since had a pickup installed.

Up until 2015, I was just a guitar player. I needed a guitar to make music & gig. The important thing was the music. The guitar is just a tool. I was never that interested in the tools.

I once suffered from the same disease - Sanity. I liked (and played) music, and gear wasn’t all that interesting. It’s true; the disease interfered with my ability to get my priorities straight!

Then I discovered the cure for sanity: knowledge.

It’s true. You glom onto some piece of information about something you’re only mildly curious about, and before you know it, you’re a full-blown Thing Freak. You’re into that thing. You drill down deep. You get spendy.

And your innocent sanity disease? Gone like yesterday.

Oh sure, lots of folks will tell you that sanity is not a mental illness, but we thing freaks know better. The more you know about your thing, the less you suffer from sanity. ;)

I once suffered from the same disease - Sanity. I liked (and played) music, and gear wasn’t all that interesting. It’s true; the disease interfered with my ability to get my priorities straight!

It’s true. You glom onto some piece of information about something you’re only mildly curious about, and before you know it, you’re a full-blown Thing Freak. You’re into that thing. You drill down deep. You get spendy.

Oh sure, lots of folks will tell you that sanity is not a mental illness, but we thing freaks know better. The more you know about your thing, the less you suffer from sanity. ;)

Les...you complete me...

May I quote you (in times of spend-sanction) ? ;)

I remember the old days. I was a teenager. Hadn't been playing long. I thought "all I need is a strat and a Les Paul. If I just had those two guitars, I could do ANYTHING! Those two and an acoustic and done!" Then Van Halen came along and I added a "shred guitar" to the list. Before I quit playing (when I broke my left wrist) I had a nice strat, and Les Paul Custom, a Kramer Pacer HSS, and an 85 Collectors Series Ovation. At that time, I WANTED more guitars (Flying V, and a few others) but didn't think I'd ever really need anything else.

(Edit: Oooops! And my Ibanez Artist which was actually my main guitar out of all of those!)

Ah, the naivete' of youth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back