The Dear God Why Am I Awake? Thread.

Exhibit A:

2nJAhZ6.jpg

Phil's mohawk phase and the band's beginnings relegate them to at least having once been butt rockers, or exhibiting butt rock tendencies.

Hmm forgot about the mohawk...well played sir, point taken and I concur.

I thought singers were allowed their eccentricities though. :cool: I mean, if a guitar player has a Mohawk, then yeah, but singers do all kinds of weird things and get away with it. Like for example pirouetting in your dreams :D

I thought singers were allowed their eccentricities though. :cool: I mean, if a guitar player has a Mohawk, then yeah, but singers do all kinds of weird things and get away with it. Like for example pirouetting in your dreams :D

And there's your counterpoint...didn't think of that part...Phil ultimately put himself in the butt rocker hall of fame with his post Pantera antics though...butt rocker is not quite the label I would tag him with...but I digress...
R.I P.
Dime Bag

At the risk of getting totally slagged here

Van Halen?
Whitesnake?
Iron Maiden?

Your thoughts on “butt rock” or “Headbangers”? Please

Van Halen?
Whitesnake?
Iron Maiden?

I'll say Whitesnake is buttrock, while Maiden are quintessential headbangers.

Van Halen doesn't need to be categorized. That says it all. ;)

Man! Now we're talkin! I was into Reb Beach he's one of my 80's shredder guys I was into big time! I used to love Dokken! There's a name I haven't said in years! I think I saw him with Night Ranger too...but don't quote me on that...it was the 80's. Too many of those guitar guys just faded away and there was some serious talent amongst them...Bernie Marsden has always been a favorite of mine glad I found him again here! Good times!

Yep - Reb had a stint in Night Ranger. He's done a bit of bouncing around the last few years. He just did (and may still be doing) a solo tour. I had thoughts about going, but we went on a weekend getaway instead.

Yep - Reb had a stint in Night Ranger. He's done a bit of bouncing around the last few years. He just did (and may still be doing) a solo tour. I had thoughts about going, but we went on a weekend getaway instead.

I thought so! It was a little fuzzy. That would have been cool to see. However, some of these 70s and 80s rockers are better the first time from my experience...some on the other hand just get better with age.

Van Halen?
Whitesnake?
Iron Maiden?

Van Halen - one of the greatest "hard rock" groups ever. Not metal.
Classic Whitesnake with Sykes = Headbanger (do not be fooled by big hair. Sykes is a MONSTER! and Coverdale one of the greats of rock singers)
Whitesnake with Vai and Sheehan = too much genius in the band to call it Buttrocker
Maiden - Headbanger

Why the f@ck did you guys bring your butt rocker's into my insomnia thread? I'm tryin' to sleep, not wish I was dead... Now I'm gonna type in this damn thread when I'm awake at night, read some of the replies, and then get some statutory-rape-sex predator song stuck in my head. I told y'all I get nightmares... The last thing I need is Kip Winger pirouetting into my subconscious.

I'm going to see Dream Theater tonight. After which, I might temporarily change my name just because of this thread... "MegadethRules!"

Ah Gigantour... Dream Theater and Megadeth back to back on the same night AND met Dave, John and Mike backstage.

Back